Nov 8, 2014

Holiday Card WorkShop 2014 Day Two




Hello :) I'm back to share with you the cards I made for day two in the Holiday Card Workshop online class! Today's focus was on interactive cards. This is something I struggle with so I LOVE that I was able to step out of my comfort zone and learn something new!

For my first card, the inspiration came from Jennifer McGuire's card. I love that this has a keepsake ornament that the recipient can keep! She used a photo of her family on the back of her's and I will definitely keep that idea as a option for my next one! I used the Springtime in Paris set for the flourish. I randomly stamped it and then added some gold stickles to help fill in. I used a circle from the Bunch of Fun Circle dies to cut a circle from the background. I then used the same circle and cut it out 4 more times. On the front of my ornament I used a retired stamp set from CTMH, Glory to God. I heat embossed it using gold embossing powder. To hold the ornament in place I used a piece of vellum and added the die cut word believe from the Boughs of Holly set

Here is a peek with the ornament out...


I used the same set, Glory to God for the scripture on the back of my ornament. The To & From are from the set, Gift Card Sentiments. I now wished I would have found a different font to use but I had this set out on my desk and it was the quickest to grab lol!


For my next interactive card, I decided to try a shaker card! I still need more practice with these! This card gave me fits and I swear I will be stepping on little beads the rest of my life! Those little suckers went EVERYWHERE!! 

I used two of the rectangular dies from the Stitched Rectangular Frames & More set to create a frame. I then stamped it using the Grainy Wood Background stamp. The snowy hills and trees were cut from my cameo. I found this file in the Silhouette store.  The deer and the sentiment are from the set, Oh deer set. I used liquid applique for the snow. 


Even though I'm not just over the moon happy with how this turned out I still had fun making it! I guess practice makes you better and I need practice lol!!


Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back to share with you day three projects!
Hugs, Leanne


3 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Both are so pretty!

jessica said...

Gorgeous cards...both of them!
And so fun too!!!!

Nikki the *scrappinNavyWife* said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE them both! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...