Nov 8, 2014

Holiday Card Workshop 2014 Day One


I'm having so much fun taking the Holiday Card Workshop 2014 online class! It started this past Monday. My hubby has been on vacation this week so I've been sneaking in crafting every chance I can get!! 

Day one's class is all about cards that are easy to duplicate. I used two of the examples that Kristina Werner and Jennifer McGuire shared for my inspiration :) My first card, I used some lighter blue card stock and then sponged some darker blue ink to create my night sky. I made a stencil from one of the circle dies from the Bunch of Fun Circle die set and sponged it using White Daisy ink from CTMH. Santa and his sleigh are from the set, Santa Claus by CTMH. The sentiment is from My Creative Time's, Boughs of Holly. Kristina used texture paste and a stencil for her snow but I don't own either so I went with liquid applique :) I decided to add just a little pop of red by adding a small bow to the sleigh. Last, I used my white jellyroll pen and added stitching.


For my next card, I used Jennifer's card as my inspiration. I have to say this one (to me) was a little more difficult lol! Once you get your stamps all lined up where you want it's not that bad but getting to that point I about pulled my hair out!! Jennifer's is wayyy prettier but I was determined to make it work and I didn't give up lol!! All sentiments are by My Creative Time. I used several different sets... A Day in December, Christmas Doggy Stamp set, From Our Family to Yours, All Around Christmas, Gift Card Sentiments and possibly more I forgot to write them all down lol! I used a Martha Stewart punch for my bow. I punched it out of silver glitter card stock and a added a gem to the center. I also used some silver stickles to help fill in the gaps. I colored the Santa suit with a red copic marker and then added liquid applique to the collar, cuffs, and at the bottom. I used the tree trunk from the set, Seasonal Greetings as a mask and sponged it using Saddle ink.


Here's a peek at it from the side....


Thanks for stopping by and I'll be posting day two in just a little bit :) 
Hugs, Leanne




3 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Both are fab Leanne!!!!

jessica said...

LOVE them both!!!! Super job on all of your class cards!!!!!

Nikki the *scrappinNavyWife* said...

Awww. They're both adorbsies! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...