Nov 26, 2014

Believe in the magic of Christmas!


Hello! I hope everyone is having a great week! Are you ready for Thanksgiving? I'm really looking forward to spending time with my family! We usually have lunch at my mom's and then supper at my in laws. This year we are splitting it up! My mom's tomorrow and my mother in law's Friday. Holiday's are still hard without daddy and now this will be our first without my father in law :( I guess holiday's will never be the same without them but hopefully over time it will get easier.

Anyhoo, I have a card I would like to share with you today! I actually made this last week but haven't had a chance to share! I have to say this is probably one of my favorite Christmas cards I've made! The silhouette of the children coming down the stairs is from the Silhouette store. I used MCT's Grainy Wood background stamp. I heat embossed it using clear embossing powder and then sponged it using Tim Holtz distress ink. I used the new window die from the set, Stitched Window dies & Accessories. For outside scene, I used the set Santa Claus by CTMH for Santa and his sleigh. The trees are a Stampin up set, Lovely As a Tree. I stamped both of these in black and then sponged over them using Tim Holtz distress ink in pumice stone. I then added some liquid applique for the snow.



I always add a sentiment to the front of my card but this time I wanted to add to the inside instead! I used the set Boughs of Holly for the die cut word believe and also for the sentiment.


Thank you for stopping by! Happy Thanksgiving!
HUGE hugs, Leanne



6 comments:

quilt4fun2 said...

Great stamps out the window and great cut file! Fabulous job on a beautiful card.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

snappy scrappy said...

GORGEOUS!!!!

Marilyn said...

Awesome card!! Happy Thanksgiving

Joan Smith said...

OMG Leanne You card is so Precious!!
What an outstanding adorable scene.
You totally outdid yourself.
I LOVE it!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

YOU SO ROCK!!

Nikki the *scrappinNavyWife* said...

Holy crap! This is beyond awesome!!! I love it!

Kim H said...

Leanne ~ oh my word this is seriously FABULOUS!! LOVE how that it fits PERFECTLY with the window die! EK! I am so sorry for all you have been thru ~ it gets easier (well not easy but easy ~~ not sure that even makes sense ~ LOL) but never the same.. huge hugs coming!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...