Oct 8, 2014

Inspiration Wednesday!


Good morning peeps! Welcome to Inspiration Wednesday at My Creative Time!! This is one of my favorite things we do and I'm always excited when I see that I'm scheduled for this day!! If your not familiar with Inspiration Wednesday it's where we can make any project of our choice using something that inspired us to make it.

I get TONS of my inspiration from Pinterest! I absolutely love that site! Matter of fact, I stay on Pinterest wayyyy to much hee hee! Not only do you find gorgeous projects, new techniques, and tutorials there's lots of AWESOME recipes too! Anyhoo, I found this the other day... 


I thought these were so cute! That's when it hit me!! I may not can make them with wood but by golly I can with paper!!! To start with, I used one of the tags from the Tag Dies. I added my googly eyes and then decided my kitty needed a nose and whiskers! I used PK-138 Kitty Tear Face parts for mine. My nose smeared just a bit but I figure it just gives him a little bit more personality! Or at least that's what I kept telling myself to keep from throwing him away! I also used my white ink and sponged around the sides and a little for his ears. The spooky background and the sentiment is from the set, Spooky Starry Night stamp set. I didn't have any raffia like above but I think the Medium Stitched Scallop bow turned out just as cute! I have used the new Stitched Rectangular Frame dies so much that I have tons of little frames that I have saved! I used one here to add a frame :) Here's another peek at it from the side...


Well, I hope you like my little tag turned kitty! I had fun making him! Be sure to visit Emma's Blog to see what she and the other design team Ladies made and what they used as their inspiration! Have a AWESOME day and thanks for stopping by! Hugs, Leanne

8 comments:

Cindy said...

Your card is just TOO CUTE Leanne, LOVE IT!!!!

Joan Smith said...

OMG Your card is PURRRRR-FECT!!!
I love it and you are so right U did it with paper and I think your kitty's nose is so cute!! You really did do a spectacular creative job and love all the ways you used Miss Emma's goodies.
Loved your little Pintrest story too!!
You have the best sense of humor and are a great story teller! YOU ROCK!!

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute kitty card...LOVE!

Jeri said...

Totally genius! Love the kitty from the tag die. You never know where your inspiration will come from. I love that feeling I get when a unique and wonderful idea pops into my head like that. Well done!

quilt4fun2 said...

What a fun card! So clever to use the tag die for the cat and love the googlie eyes. The paper you used for the bow is great...I think you captured the distressed cat inspiration perfectly! Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

jessica said...

This is such an adorable kitty! Love your take on the inspiration!!!!
AWESOME job!

Creative M said...

Love, Love, Love, this!!!
ADORABLE!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Kim H said...

Leanne ~ oh this is adorbs!!! I love the idea of the kitty with that bow! Great background too! Great inspiration too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...