Sep 6, 2014

Life is a Journey


Hello my crafty peeps! I'm back in my sponging mood! Not only that my tree stamps have been calling my name too :) I don't know why I have such a obsession with tree stamps! If I were rich I think I would own every tree stamp out there hee hee! 

I just love playing with my inks too! For this card, I've used my Tim Holtz distress inks except for the black I stamped my sentiment with. The black is CTMH exclusive ink :) I started by making a mask and placing it in the center. I sponged my sky and before removing the mask I added some black to make it look like mountains in the distance. I then made two more mask. One right at the sky so I wouldn't sponge into it and then another smaller one to make my road. I used two of my CTMH stamp sets, Always Grateful and Life is a Journey. I'm not sure who the truck stamp is by. I found it at a flea market and got it super dirt cheap! I colored it with my copic markers and fussy cut it out. After I glued it down, I added liquid glass over the whole image.


My husband has a 69 Chevy step side that he is in the process of redoing so I had him in mind when I was making this card :) We go to a car show just about every weekend and just like I breathe, eat, sleep crafting he's the same with old antique vehicles! Our anniversary is in January (if I can hold out that long on giving it to him!) and this just may be his anniversary card from me. Our life sure has been a journey! We have definitely had our ups and downs but so thankful we have stayed on the right path all these years! Thanks for stopping by :) Hugs, Leanne

I'm adding this card into STAMPlorations Septemember challenge. This month is to use stamps and markers:) 


6 comments:

katieo said...

I love the background and tree you used in your card. The truck is fun.

Cheryl W said...

This is such a wonderful card. So full of personality and creativity. I'm sure your husband will love it!

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful Leanne...you kick butt at those sponged backgrounds!!

Becca Cruger said...

I love cards that look like works of art and yours certainly hits the mark. What a great masculine card!

Deepti said...

The inked BG, the road u made is amazing, fab coloring on the truck :) Thank you for sharing with STAMPlorations!

maria f. said...

Such a unique card, Leanne. Beautifully done and I love the story behind it, too. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations this month.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...