Aug 5, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps Day One


Hi! I'm taking the class Stretch Your Stamps 2! Yesterday was the first day and oh what some awesome techniques they are teaching!! I didn't get to finish up my "homework" till this morning and haven't got started on today's lesson yet. That's the beauty of these classes, it's at your own pace! Which in my case works out GREAT!! I'm slow as Christmas when I make a card hee hee!!

Today's card I used one of the techniques that Kristina shared in her video. We are working with background stamps and this technique is called multilayer emboss resist :) I created this background using Peachy Keen's background stamp, Grandma's Bathroom Floor! I couldn't find it on the site to link it so I'm not sure if this one has been discontinued or not :( I heat embossed it using white embossing powder and then used Tim Holtz inks to water color. The Happy is a die cut from My Creative Time's, Happy Thought's set and the rest of the sentiment is included in there too!  I added clear embossing powder to the Happy part but not quite sure you can tell by the photo. Last I added a few little pearls so it wouldn't feel so naked lol!!



Loving this class! Not sure if I got a "A" for yesterday's lesson though lol!! Maybe a B+ (maybe)! Thanks for stopping by and I'll be sharing more projects as I get them completed! Have a AWESOME day! 
Hugs, Leanne


9 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous!

Debra Lois said...

Love, love, love your background! Great card.

quilt4fun2 said...

My Mom always said I was slower than molasses in January! Your card is beautiful. Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Nikki the *scrappinNavyWife* said...

Very pretty! :)

Crafting Katie said...

This is beautiful, Leanne! I give you an A!

Kathy Carr said...

Awesome!

Cindy Groh said...

Beautiful. It popped out to me in the gallery and I had to come by and say Hi.

Kim H said...

Leanne ~ GORGEOUS card!!! WOW!

Karen L K said...

Nice job on your card Leanne. I love the colors you used!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...