Jun 12, 2014

MCT Thrifty Thursday!


Good morning!! Today is Thrifty Thursday at My Creative Time! This is where we are to make a project using our scraps! This is right up my alley, I have tons of scraps!! 

I used all scraps from my solid card stock to make my little hero. He came from the Silhouette store :) For the background, I used "Build A Scripty & Watercolor Background Stamp" (love this used as a sky!) The buildings are from the "Main Street" set. The little birds are from this last release "Lost at Sea". The sentiment I used is from a older MCT set but still a good "You're My Best Buddy".


Okay, I promise this is not suppose to be a sappy post and I'm trying not to get teary eyed! I know this may sound silly to some but I had my daddy on my mind while I was making this and if he was still here with us this would have been his Father's Day card. He will always be my hero and I'll always be daddy's little girl. This father's day is going to be hard :( 

Hugs, Leanne


8 comments:

Joan Smith said...

Hi Leanne your card is so sweet and and now girl I have tears too as when I read your piece about your daddy I so feel the same way and you know how lucky we are that we have these precious feeling about our daddy's your card is so precious and I love it. Thanks for wearing your heart on your sleeve and you definitely put the warm fuzzies in my heart. YOU ROCK!!

Marilyn said...

Super card!!!

snappy scrappy said...

The cutest Leanne...love it!!!

Cindy said...

SUPER DUPER CUTE card Leanne,AWESOME job my friend!!! Have a GREAT day!!! :)

Taylor said...

Leanne, I believe being able express ourselves is the Beauty of this hobby....to show and tell about our projects/cards/layouts and in most cases we get our inspiration from those we LOVE most and we do it especially to preserve our memories and/or bring us back in time.
IT'S IS A SUPER COOL CARD!!!
Hugz
Taylor:)

quilt4fun2 said...

Not sappy at all...your card is so sweet! Great idea to use the bldgs. and birds for your striped sky. Cute hero guy cut! It is hard for all who have lost their parents...I find comfort knowing they know we are still thinking of them. Super job on your card.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

jessica said...

This is AWESOME Leanne!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your adorable card!

Crafty Moni said...

Adorable card! Love it:)

Peace, Love, & Creative Hugs!
Monica L.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...