May 20, 2014

MCT Try Me Tuesday!


Good morning! I'm so sorry it's been a while since my last post! On April 28th, there was a tornado that touched down not far from where I live and we were without internet for two weeks. I definitely had internet withdrawels but it was hard to complain when so many families lost everything :( It is still so sad when I have to go that way just seeing the destruction that a tornado can do and how it can happen in just seconds! You would think not having internet that I would have been crafting away but for some reason my mojo just went missing and I took a little break :) Next week is release week and I'm so excited to get started playing with Emma's newest release. Be prepared this release is beyond AWESOME!! Your going to love it! So if you don't see me anymore this week you know why hee hee I'm getting ready for the sneaks!!

Anyhoo, on to today's Try Me Tuesday! Feather's seems to be a trend here lately so we thought it would be fun to make a card or project using feathers! I was going to cut some with my cameo but at the moment me and my cameo are in a love/hate relationship hee hee. I've tried being nice but it's still not wanting to cooperate so for now till I cool down or it one it's in time out as in turned off out!! For this card, I used a stencil with feathers that I found at Hobby Lobby. I used several of my CTMH ink pads to sponge not only the feathers but the background. I'm not sure if you can tell in the pictures (you might can if you click on them and make them bigger) but I went over the feathers with my StarDust Jellyroll pen so there is lots of sparkle in real life. I used the Script Type Background Stamp and stamped over the feathers. I then used the Missing You sentiment from the Floral Sentiments set. I have to say this card gave me fits!! I didn't want to toss it so I just kept tinkering with it till I was satisfied lol! Lots and LOTS of sponging lol!!


Thank you for sticking with me while I was away! Sometimes it's good just to take a little break :) Thanks for stopping by today and enjoy your day! Hugs, Leanne


9 comments:

Joan Smith said...

Welcome back sorry about all that went on in your town....it is heartbreaking for sure.

Your card is so fab. You did a fantastic creative job and it looks super cool with the script stamp just such a clever and creative card. You are so talented. I can't wait the Miss Emma's next release and after reading your little blurb about it really makes it even harder *LOL*

snappy scrappy said...

So gorgeous Leanne, your sponging is beautiful!!!

jessica said...

What an awesome card Leanne! I just LOVE this technique!! What a gorgeous card!!!!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

STUNNING!!!!

quilt4fun2 said...

You caught the sparkle of the StarDust pen perfectly...it is beautiful. Your sponging is wonderful and I like the script stamp...such a pretty touch to your fabulous card. I hear the new release is great...can't wait!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!

Nancy

Cindy said...

GORGEOUS job with your card Leanne, LOVE the look!!! Have a GREAT day my friend!!! :)

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is so beautiful!! I love all your inking!!

Kim H said...

Leanne ~ First I am so sorry that you town had to go through that! I am happy to hear that your family and house was spared but so sorry to hear others weren't so lucky!

As for you GORGEOUS card ~ just send that my way! I LVOE the feathers, the background stamp and all your inking! BEAUTIFULLY done as always!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...