Oct 31, 2013

MCT Designers Challenge!




Good morning and Happy Halloween! It's suppose to be a nasty day here today with rain and thunder storms :( I know there will be lots of little trick or treaters really disappointed! Our church does the Trunk or Treat which is normally outside but they have already planned to move it because of the weather. They may all be little drowned rats by the time they make it inside but they will at least get some candy hee hee! For me, I'm more worried about getting Jayden & Karsyn's picture taken in their costumes!

Today our sweet Miss Glora is hosting our Designer Challenge at My Creative Time. The challenge is to make anything you like using a Thanksgiving theme and MCT products! Such a fun challenge and we hope you will play along with us!

For my Thanksgiving project, I found this cute little turkey treat box in the Silhouette store and decided to dress him up a little using Emma's products! I started first my using PK-755 Critter Faces instead of using the face that came with the file. I added Liquid Glass to his eyes and his gobbler (is that what you call that thing hee hee) and added some blush using chalk. I then used Emma's Scallop Stitched Rosette die for his tail. You know I've mentioned before how much I lovvvvveeeee Emma's Medium Stitched Scalloped Bow die so yup this Turkey gets a bow too lol!! The pilgrim hat is another svg file from the Silhouette store. Here's a picture from the side...

 

The first picture didn't show but I also used Emma's, Scallop and Stitched Circle die to stamp my sentiment on. The sentiment is from the All Around Everything stamp set. I have a small bag of candy corn inside but  you can't see it either so I spread some around my box! 

I got my light box in!!! I'm pretty sure once I figure out where to add my lights and get my camera settings right I'm going to LOVE it!! I'm really proud of it! No more worrying if the sun is shining or if it's night time!! 

Again, I want to wish you all a Happy Halloween! I hope the weather will be better in your neck of the woods! Have fun Trick or Treating and thanks for stopping by! Be sure to play along with us! 
Hugs, Leanne


12 comments:

Joan Smith said...

How cute is your gobbler you did a great job dressing him up...very clever. I love how you used Miss Emma's goodies.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

Crafting Katie said...

He is just too cute with his bow and rosette feathers! Love this, Leanne!

Brenda said...

Awww, this is too cute Leanne!! Happy Halloween!!

Kim H said...

Leanne ~ OMG this is ADORABLE!!! I LOVE and I mean seriously LOVE how you used that rosette die! It's so darn flipping CUUUTE!! Happy Halloween!

Cathryn said...

Hehehehehe, this is adorable Leanne! Excellent job with this challenge! Love, Cathryn :)

Pam said...

This little turkey is just darling! Love the papers!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Kristi said...

Such a cute box. Love the rosette behind.

quilt4fun2 said...

What a sweet turkey and so clever to use the rosette for the tail. The bow looks great on the turkey too. Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Rosie said...

supr cute treat holder

Kristi Schurr said...

How cute is this little turkey?!! Love how his tail is done, I may have to use that idea it it's ok with you!LOL

DebC said...

This is stinkin cute!
Deb C

Gaylynn said...

Oh this is such a FUN treat holder. The rosette and bow look great with it. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...