May 30, 2013

MCT Thoughtful Thursday!


Good morning peeps! I'm sorry I haven't had a lot to post this week. We had a very busy Memorial Day weekend and Tuesday I spent all day at the doctors office. I have another appointment today (to find out the results from my test on Tuesday) Anyhoo, I won't bore you with all the ways my body is falling apart bahahha! Just might have to invest in ton's of Zip Dry and start gluing myself back together! Ha! I wonder if they sell it by the cases?!

Today is Thoughtful Thursday over at My Creative Time! We could chose to make a card or layout. I decided to go with a card! I actually made two cards!! 

Let me start with the details on the card above ^^^! I used the cartridge Sweet Hearts for the couple. I don't know why but when I looked at this image I could picture them dancing in the rain (you know like in the movies not that it happens in real life or not my life anyway hee hee) I used a sponge dauber and very lightly sponged the background using CTMH Sky ink. I then went a little crazy with the rain drops (it was coming a down pour ok!!) Anyhoo, I added Liquid Glass to each little rain drop. The sentiment (and also the rain drop) are from the set "I'm Here For You Rain Or Shine" 

For my next card, I've used a svg file that I purchased in the Silhouette online store. The little people are from Emma's last release, "Stitched Restroom Peeps Dies". My sentiment is from the "Happy Mail" stamp set. I then used one of my favorite CTMH stamp sets, C1459 "Stitched Together" for the border.


Both of my cards were pretty quick and simple (that seems to be all I do hee hee)! I hope you enjoyed them both :) 

I forgot to mention earlier and not exactly sure when this will take place but I SCORED a HUGE L-shaped desk with cabinets over the weekend at a yard sale (yes, my husband is ready to SHOOT me) and will be having to remove everything in my craft room to get it in (again my husband is ready to SHOOT me) The bad thing is I did NO measuring and don't have a clue if it's going to work or not (it was in separate pieces and not put together at the yard sale) I'm so excited (did I mention my husband is ready to SHOOT me?!!) Soooo just as soon as I can get my room completely cleared out (which is going to be a NIGHTMARE) and plus sweet talk him into bringing in the new one I will have (hopefully) lots more crafting room :) Just in case I go missing that's what my plans are :) Wish me luck!! 

Also, don't forget tomorrow is the LAST day for my Mystery Hostess give away!! I sure need your help to meet my next goal and appreciate anything you can do to help me out! If you have any questions or need anything just email me or my number is listed on my CTMH website. I also wanted to mention that on my CTMH website right now it's listed under my husband's name Winston Garner. I didn't think and just signed up under his name and before long I will be changing it to mine. The only problem now is that he will have to call in (oh lawwdddd) and get it changed for me and you know he's going to be THRILLED about that! I just didn't want you to panic when you seen his name and not mine! The phone number is mine so if you need to call it you will reach me! Thank you and I hope you all have a GREAT day!! Hugs, Leanne

To get the details on my Mystery Hostess give away CLICK HERE!!

13 comments:

Margreet said...

Both cards are stunning...those sentiments are fabulous...good luck with your new craftroom!

Joan Smith said...

Your cards are amazing especially love your lovey dovey couple great idea!! You really are so creative and so love what you do and gosh hope you're feeling better soon but with your humorous attitude you'll do better than most 'cause it seems like you take your lemons and make lemonade. Oh by the way just in case you hubby shoots you maybe that can be fixed with some pop dots????

Crafting Katie said...

Both of your cards are just beautiful, Leanne!

snappy scrappy said...

Both card are fabulous...the first one is just gorgeous!!

Creative M said...

Both are beautiful!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

quilt4fun2 said...

I hope you are feeling better soon...you will need your strength to move your room around. I hope your Husband does not shoot you :D Good luck with the moving things. Your cards are so fun. Rain was a great idea and perfect for the sentiment! I like how you used the people with that sentiment and the stitching is beautiful! Great job on both.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Brenda said...

OMGosh Leanne, your cards are fabulous! Love them both and love the sentiments on both! How exciting that you got that awesome score at the yard sale! Now I hope you will show it is us once it is in that room of yours and I pray that your hubby doesn't shot you! lol

liz at liz's paper loft said...

great cards as always my friend! I hope all works out with the new crafting pieces for your room! oh and that you don't go missing! lol!

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, both of your cards are FABULOUS!! I love the sentiments:) It sounds like you snagged a great find..how fun and excited! Good luck with the hubs...like mine, they will get over it soon, lol!!
Have a great evening and TFS your beautiful cards!
Sherrie K

~ Jo ~ said...

Beautiful cards! I always enjoy seeing your work. AND I completely understand about bodies falling apart because I am right there with ya LOL

Hugs,
Jo

Kigz said...

Oh my goodness, how clever! I keep saying that I need to use my other cartridges...you are getting me closer! That rain set is one of my faves at MCT. Good luck with hubby and the desk--and praying for your health issues. :) Take care!

Cassandra said...

Love them both. Have to say the first one is my fav....that sentiment is just so neat! And I love your couple :)

Cindy Vernon said...

Both your cards are awesome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...