Mar 18, 2013

Scrapping the Little Things!


Good morning peeps! I hope you had a awesome weekend! The weather was gorgeous here over the weekend and now I'm REALLY wanting Spring/Summer to hurry up!! We grilled out and was able to get some much needed yard work done (or I should say my hubby got some much needed yard work done hee hee) 

Today is Scrapping the Little Things over at My Creative Time! I decided to buy another Smash Book (the baby one) and get started so I won't "hopefully" get to far behind! I went back and forth trying to decide if I wanted the Smash book or to start a album but for now I chose this! I really, REALLY need to scrapbook more! Anyhoo, I had to skip over a page because I wanted to start out with something else but could not get my picture to print (wasted TWO days trying). I had some pictures of Cayla ready to pop that I wanted to start with but till I get them printed I saved the pages and moved on!


On the first page, I used the cartridge 9 Months for the stork, Mini albums for the pocket with tags, and Artiste for the bow. The clouds are from MCT Fly Away With Me dies. I used the Chocolate Greetings set for the sentiment, "It's A Boy". I also used the Stitched Envelope Die and stamped it with a sentiment from the stamp set, Happy Mail. On the tags, I glued a ultrasound picture to the front and back of each one. I then used the stamp set, Camera Shy to stamp a sentiment (front and back) on each one. I thought it needed something around the edges and it also gave me a chance to use my new set Stitched Together again! I love it! I used CTMH Exclusive Ink in Cashmere to stamp the border and the sentiments.

For the next page, I used the cartridges Baby steps for the baby, 9 Months for the ultrasound picture and the  title. I made the envelope from the Mini Album cartridge. It holds Karsyn's Ultrasound video. The "dvd" in the title is MCT's, Lowercase Fun dies. I stamped the date using MCT's, Label Font set. I also forgot to mention I used PK-650 Just Baby Faces for the little babies face!


I have to be honest, I stress out when I even think about Smash Books/layouts! I've been stuck on cards for so long that I think I've got it in my head that these are hard! It definitely takes more "thinking" time than a card but at the end it's SOOOOOO worth it! I just need to keep reminding myself that! 

Don't forget I'm having a GIVEAWAY and today is the LAST day to be entered! Click HERE for all the details! Thanks for looking and I hope you have a AWESOME Monday!!




14 comments:

Kristi said...

This is so darling and special. Nice work.

Kat's Kreative Corner said...

Scrapping baby pages always take me back, but I'm a few years behind and should really spend some time scrapping them. Thanks for sharing.

Kat

Sherrie K. said...

Oh my goodness...this is SO sweet and adorable! I love the fun embellishments and the cuts are fabulous:) I need to get started on some scrapbooking or a smash book like this for my granddaughter. TFS! Love it!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Joan Smith said...

OMG how clever of you to come up with this you really are so talented girl you really did this cartridge proud....what an awesome keepsake and pages in your book!!

snappy scrappy said...

Too cute...wonderful LO!!

CherylB said...

Great job, Leanne! The elements you chose work so well with the pics. And of course, the MCT products look very nice! Awesome job!

quilt4fun2 said...

2 Great pages done wonderfully :D You should feel good about that. I have a problem with fixed pages and create a page on paper so it can be moved to rearrange in a different order or album because I can't make up my mind how I want to organize. I like when others can just make up their minds and do it :D Great job! I love it...creative and clever and cute!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Cathryn said...

Awwwwww this is lovely Leanne! He will cherish all the work you put into this book in the years to come. Awesome job granny!!! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Kim H said...

Leanne ~ this is just ADORABLE! I am just LOVING all the cuts you chose and the stamps and dies!! Way to go! I so stress too but you know in the end ~ it is so worth it! Still so EXCITED for you all!!

Rosie said...

i love this!!! very cute

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com
blogging it foward- fb

Pam said...

How cute is this!!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

DebC said...

This is tooo cute!! I love it!
Deb C

DebC said...

This is just too adorable. I seen the whole thing and had to comment again! I love it and you did such a great job smashing!
Hugs,
Deb C

Cindy said...

GORGEOUS job with your sweet layout Leanne!!!!I LOVE all the great details,that little baby is just TOO STINKIN' CUTE!!!:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...