Jan 23, 2013

MCT - 3D Wednesday!


Good morning! I want to start off by saying how sorry I am that it's been awhile since I posted anything :( It seems like I haven't been able to get back on track from the Holidays and on top of that I've been without internet, we've had septic tank problems, and busted water pipes!  You name it, it's probably happened around here!  But anyhoo, it's all worked out and for the moment things are fixed :) 

Today is 3D Wednesday at MCT and I'm super excited to share with you my banner I made! I also guess it's time to let the cat out of the bag so to speak.  One of the reasons I haven't shared this yet on my blog is not knowing how to word it or exactly what to say so just to make it easy on myself without a lot of details hee hee here it goes.....I'm going to be a Grandma! The baby is due February 24th! The baby shower is this coming up Sunday and I made this banner to decorate one of the bulletin boards! 

This was so much fun to make! I wished my pictures would have turned out a little better but hopefully you can click on them to make them bigger and can see the details a little more! I used the Artiste cartridge and Baby Steps along with several of Emma's dies to make my banner! I've ordered a cake and the colors are going to be blue and brown so I wanted to stick with these colors to tie it all together! 


I've used the Lowercase fun dies to spell out "it's a boy". The shape I used was found on page 77 of the Artiste handbook. I used my Gypsy so I would be able to make a layer. I embossed the blue layer using a bossabilities from Spellbinders. The circle is also from the Artiste cartridge, it's on page 48. I used my Gypsy again so I could make a layer for it also. I used my white jellyroll pen to add stitches to the edges.


I also used Emma's Stitched Curly Label die and her Curly Label die. I layered these together and folded in half and then used her Stitched Heart Layering dies to add the smallest heart to glue on top. The baby is from  the Baby Steps cartridge. I used PK-642 Boy Mates for his cute little eyes. The pacifier was a separate image from the baby. I used my Gypsy to size it down to fit his face. I then used my croc a dile to punch holes and ran twine thru each piece! Thanks for looking and I hope you have a AWESOME day! 
Hugs, Leanne






Get January's Stamp of The Month (available January 1-31st) for $5 when you place a order of $50 or more in products.




Also, celebrate National Papercrafting Month with an incredible deal—our Whooo’s Your Valentine kit (CC1022) for only $10! Combine your love of papercrafting with the contents of this kit to create personalized valentines—perfect for classrooms and other group settings. This darling kit, which retails for $40, can be yours for only $10 when you spend $35 or more in Close To My Heart product from the Autumn/ Winter 2012 Idea Book. You’ll receive 12 die-cut boxes, 3 cardstock sheets, 1 sheet of silver glitter paper, 12 treat tubes, and an exclusive D-size stamp set created specifically for the kit. This kit offers you a sneak peek at two new Spring/Summer 2013 products: the treat tubes and the silver glitter paper! Decorate the die-cut boxes with the stamp images, cardstock, and glitter paper. Then attach the clear tube and fill with treats for valentines in a cinch! Offer good until January 31st. Quantities are limited!

Like to get the Whooo's Your Valentine kit for FREE?!!! Click HERE for more details!! 



20 comments:

Crafting Katie said...

Leanne, your baby banner is just adorable! I love how you incorporated the Baby Steps babies! Congrats - I can't believe the due date is coming up so quickly!

CherylB said...

Super cute!!! That little baby is adorable! Love the shape of the mats you used too! Great job.

Joan Smith said...

Your banner is so precious you did a great job your creativity sure abounded on this project.

Congrats what great news!!

TheTulipCollector said...

Congratulations. Babies are the best treats ever and your banner is so festive and welcomong.

Glora said...

This is just the cutest little baby banner Leanne. I love what you did with Emma's products on here and the embossing is AWESOME too, not to mention those adorable little babies. Terrific job! Hugs- Glora

Craft Me This said...

Really cute and that is a great cartridge.

Shar said...

Oh goodness, Leanne, this baby banner is just precious!!!! Totally love everything about it. You are sooooo creative!!!! Who would have thought to hang the babies....oh my, that did not sound right. Hahaha! ♥

GiGi said...

This is just cuter than cute! I LOVE those cute babies with the binkies in their mouths and the shapes of the banners is awesome! Too too cute Leanne!

VICTORIA said...

Love your Banner Leanne!!!! my new grandson got here on this earth at 10:01pm Jan 17th. He will be our last grandchild. Hes such a little cutie. They named him Hunter. :) That makes 9 total grandchildren :)
Victoria :)

Cindy said...

Your baby banner is just ADORABLE Leanne!BEAUTIFUL job with it,I LOVE those sweet little babys,TOO CUTE!Have a SUPER day my friend and Congrats!!!:)

Kim H said...

Leanne ~ Totally ADORABLE!! Oh my from the cuts, the paper, the stitching, the embossing, that pacifer and then you used the alpha dies ~ just EVERYTHING!!! This is going to be just one of many wondrful things at that baby shower! WOW ~ I can't believe the baby is almost here!!! CONGRATS and btw ~ you know I need that cartridge!! Hehehe oh sorry for all the home issues too! AWESOME banner!

Crafty Moni said...

So adorable, its going to look fabulousa the baby shower! Sorry to hear about the broken water pipes. Congrats on becoming a grandma, have fun at the baby shower:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

snappy scrappy said...

Adorable baby banner...too cute!! Lee-Ann :)

Rosie said...

awesome banner, love it

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Hi Leanne,

Congratulations, Grandma!!! :) What an adorable banner!!!!!!! I like the way you folded the curly labels in half.

Hope you have fun at the shower and thank you for sharing!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

quilt4fun2 said...

So sorry to hear your 2013 is off to a not so great start but getting better. Congratulations on almost Grandma...a new chapter in your book ;) Great job on your banner...love the embossing, stitching and that baby is so cute.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Cathryn said...

This is just the sweetest thing Leanne! Congrats on your upcoming grandbaby!!! Sorry about all the utility problems! Sometimes houses are such a drag to keep up with!!! ;) Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Pam said...

Your baby banner is ADORABLE!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

DebC said...

This baby banner is adorable!! That baby is super sweet and I love his face!
Deb C

My Creative Time said...

Your banner is just WAY TOOOOO SWEET FOR WORDS! I just LOVE everything about it my sweet friend!
BIG HUGS,
Emma;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...