Nov 20, 2012

Snowman Picture Frame


Good morning and Happy Tuesday to you! I hope you are having a great week and are all set for Thanksgiving this Thursday! I know I'm looking forward to all the good food and special time with my family! We eat dinner at my mom's and supper at my in-laws! Talk about gobble till you wobble that's us in a nutshell hee hee!

We normally put up our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving so I've been wanting to do a few little home decor projects to add to our decorations. I had found this frame at our local dollar store on the clearance rack back in the summer. The glass was gone and I think I paid around .50! Who can pass up at .50 frame huh?! It didn't bother me the glass was gone because I knew I'd find something to do with it! Here is what I came up with! I used CTMH Flakey Friends stamp set for the snowman. I literally chopped him up to create my little scene! I hope your not getting tired of seeing the tree background! Because yup, I've used the Triple Tree with snow stamp AGAIN for the background hee hee! I used Tim Holtz Pumice Stone distress ink and sponged for the night time effect. I've used Liquid Applique for my snow. There wasn't much to be colored but what is I've used my copic marker. I did add some stickles to the scarf & hat. I hand cut the two snowballs up in the right corner and I added pop dots for dimension. The sentiment is from My Creative Time, It's A Magical Season. This sentiment is what gave me this idea! Here is a little closer up picture hopefully you can see the details a little better! Also by clicking on the photo it will enlarge them!


Thanks for looking and if I don't get anything posted again before Thursday HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and your family! Hugs, Leanne

Isn't this such a cute stamp set?!! If you would like to purchase it CLICK HERE!

I'm adding this to Cardztv Challenge Scene It!

19 comments:

cm said...

Absolutely adorable, clever and creative! Love the scenes that 'tell the story' of the unassembled snowman becoming assembled. Fits the message perfectly! Given the snow that's falling where I am, your project is a happy coincidence! Thank you for brightening my day!

LuvScrappingTogether said...

Leanne, this is fantastic! I love the triple tree stamp. Your snowman came out so cute and I love all the details. Awesome!! ~hugs, Saundra

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

That is a gorgeous project! I love that tree background and the snowman is so cute. Great job!

Lisa said...

What an adorable project :) thanks for sharing

Tanya/Nonna said...

Oh my gosh...this is darling! What a fun piece of art - I love this!

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!!! Love this...a gorgeous piece of holiday decor!! Lee-Ann :)

katieo said...

Such a creative project. I love how you made such an elegant home decor project with a .50 frame.

Glora said...

WOW Leanne this is just GORGEOUS! I'm totally in awe with the whole thing! Hugs- Glora

Mimi said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Love how your inspiration came from the sentiment. I work backwards too sometimes.

Thank for joking the Cardztv Design Team!

Mimi2trentdrew blogspot.com

Crafting Katie said...

This is absolutely adorable, Leanne!!! I need it for my house!

DebC said...

How cute is this project! WOW I love it a lot. I wish I would find a frame or something like this cheap. I would definitely love to create a project like this. Great use of the stamp and a way to tell the story. So cute!
Hugs,
Deb C

Cindy :) said...

awwwwwwwwwwww this is just darling, I totally love it!!! it's smashing through the top of the cuteness meter, LOL

girlia said...

so cute. Love this scene. Truly adorable. Thanks for joining us this week at CTVS

Melissa said...

Simply amazing and creative, love this!! Thanks for joining CTVS!

Cindy said...

GORGEOUS job with your frame project Leanne!it looks AMAZING,Happy Thanksgiving my friend!!!:)

mum of two said...

What a beautiful project. You are so creative! Thanks for playing with us this week at Cardz TV "Scene It" challenge. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Kim H said...

Leanne ~ Seriously this is simply ADORBLE and TOTALLY looks like a million dollars!!! I just LOVE that CUTE little snowman and you know how I ADORE that tree stamp!! How PERFECT is that MCT sentiment too! Eek! Its gonna look AMAZING in my house!

Casandra Bennett said...

Love this! The colors, the stamping, the fussy cutting...so many beautiful details.

Trina said...

Beautiful. It is fun to look at.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...