Nov 4, 2012

Simple Christmas card!


Hello! Hee hee I bet you didn't think I would be back this quick with a project! But here I am with a SUPER quick, simple card to share with you!

When I say quick I really mean QUICK! I've come to a conclusion today...I like simple and I like quick! I hope you do too :) They are not as stressful as trying to load them down from every embellishment I own to the kitchen sink hahaha! Another thing I like about this type of card there is no time wasted on which pattern paper to use! I can spend all evening just trying to pick pattern paper so going with a white background just really makes it simple! I'll be honest I own TONS of paper (yes I'm a paper hoader) but I also find myself not using it because I know when it's gone ITS GONE and for some odd reason that bothers me lol! I'd rather sit and look at it and I justify it to myself by saying I'm "saving" it for something special! I know...I have issues (and that's just one of the smaller ones bahahaha)

Anyway, let me quit rambling and get on to the details! I told you in my earlier post that I wanted to show you more using the two exclusives cartridges from Close To My Heart (Art Philosophy & Artiste). For this card I used both! I thumbed through my Art Philosophy handbook first and this image (page 31, decorative layer) jumped out at me (really it did! no lie!!) It just reminded me of a wreath so I went with it! It also gave me the opportunity to use my all time favorite bow from the Artiste cartridge! I LOVE to make these bows!! I then added gold stickles to fill in the little holes from the die cut! Ta daaaa my wreath was done! I used a embossing folder that I picked up at Hobby Lobby a while back. I don't have the name but it's by The Paper Studio. I used a sentiment from the Workshop On the Go, Pear & Partridge Cardmaking Kit. I used Close To My Heart Pear Ink to ink around the edges of my wreath and Cranberry to ink around my bow and to stamp my sentiment. I absolutely have fell in LOVE with our ink pads they are AWESOME!!!


I noticed (after I took my pictures) that the paper looked a little lumpy so I have corrected that (it would have drove me CRAZY if I hadn't) I just didn't retake the picture with it fixed. This card honestly took less than 10 minutes to make! It would be a great one to reproduce (if you like this style).If you would like to purchase any of the items used in making this please head over to my Close To My Heart Website! I'm also here if you have any questions!

Well, that's it for tonight! I'll be back in the morning with another sneak peek using the new Peachy Keen stamps that are going to be revealed tomorrow night during our release party! Thanks for looking and enjoy the rest of the night! Hugs, Leanne

6 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!! Lee-Ann :)

Shar said...

This is beautiful, Leanne!!! :)

Crafting Katie said...

This is so pretty, Leanne! I love the crisp, clean look of it!

Cindy said...

Such a BEAUTIFUL Christmas card,GORGEOUS job girl!!!:)

Crafty Moni said...

How pretty! Love the colors and that red bow is so cute!

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

Kim H said...

Leanne~ Oh what aBEAUTIFUL card ~ so CAS!! Okay I think you were or have been in my head! I do the EXACT samething about paper!! I would rather look at it instead of use ~ just incase I can't get it again! Actually I usually buy 2 to 3 acks at a clip ~ yep I am admitting to this ~ don't tell Cassandra ~ the whole paper hoarding thing!!! LOL!! Then the concept of making them CAS!! WOW!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...