Nov 14, 2012

More Christmas cards!


Happy Wednesday peeps!! I have a few more cards I wanted to share with you today! I'm LOVING Emma's new release! Her and the other designers sneaks have just been FABULOUS!

For the card up above, I've used one of my older stamps called Triple Tree with snow. I LOVE this stamp! I did try something different I've not done with it before. I inked the stamp up real good using Memento ink and I stamped on a separate piece of paper (not the card stock I'm using for my card) I then stamped three more times onto my card (the card stock that I am using for my card) I wanted to make it look like these trees were more in the distance. I then inked the stamp again and stamped it in the middle making it appear these are a little closer to you. I sure hope that made sense lol! I used my Close To My Heart Ink in Pear and Olive and a sponge dauber for my trees. I used Pear first and then went back over again using Olive to add some shading. I then added Liquid Applique  for the snow. I haven't had a chance yet to play with Emma's new type font and been itching too, so I've used it to make my sentiment!


For my next card, I had so much fun with the trees I thought I'd do it again hee hee


I created the background the same way as I did on the card above. The only difference on this one I used one of my new Close To My Heart Sets, Perfect Fit. Both the sentiment and the little bird are from this set. I've added some stickles to the little bird (bless his heart he's frost bit hee hee) I then added some faux stitches!


I have another card I've made today that I'll be sharing soon! I'm in the same dilemma I was in yesterday...WHAT'S for supper and getting it fixed before the hubs gets home! I'm just looking to get fired any day bahahaha (fingers crossed I hate to cook!) Thanks for looking! Hugs, Leanne

Don't forget about my GIVEAWAY!


18 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous...love the trees! Lee-Ann :)

Patty said...

What a stunning card!! I will be checking back often on your blog..you do beautiful work!!

Candice S said...

Fantastic cards!! I love the technique you used for the trees - nailed it!

Caitlin said...

Love this card! It's awesome. 'Tis the season indeed!



Caitlin
caitclark11@gmail.com

LuvScrappingTogether said...

These are just gorgeous, Leanne! ~Hugs, Saundra :)

Cathryn said...

This is beautiful Leanne, simply gorgeous! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Crafty Moni said...

So pretty! I love both your cards, very elegant and traditional, love it!:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

moni023 at ca dot rr dot com

Tanya/Nonna said...

Such a gorgeous card - your stamping technique is truly beautiful!

katieo said...

Very pretty I love the way you added the words.

Debbie said...

I love this card, I have looked for a stamp with trees like this and have not been able to find one this card makes me very envious
upnurse at aol dot com

quilt4fun2 said...

Your trees and snow look fabulous! With and without the bird (I love birdies) it turned out so beautiful...I love this technique! Great job.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Cindy said...

This is such a sweet holiday card Leanne!BEAUTIFUL job with it,I LOVE the trees and that little bird is TOO CUTE!Have a great day my friend!!!:)

Pamspaperpassion said...

I love this card! Great job!

Brenda said...

these cards are beautiful!! I love the effect of the distance trees! and the snow banks look great! thanks for sharing

brwneyes46@gmail.com

Kristi said...

I totally love these cards. I love trees but I love the blocked font used on the bottom of the card.
Kristi
kidshomelove at yahoo dot com

Kim H said...

Leanne ~ Oh my goodness!! I LOVE these cards!! That tree stamp is a MUST have in my eyes!! I LOVE what you have been doing with them! They look so ELEGANT!! I have to get this stamp and that snow!! I LOVE what you did with the MST stamp too!! DANG ~ how CLEVER of you to do this technique ~ they do look like they are in the distance!! LOVE them both!!

Pam said...

Your cards are just beautiful! Thanks for the info on how to do it!
pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

jamme said...

This card really caught my eye. I like the dimension of the snow and the simplicity of the card. Just beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...