Nov 24, 2012

Friends warm up even the coldest day!


Hello peeps! I hope your having a great weekend! It's been another lazy day for me. My husband told me earlier no more Black Friday shopping for me. It completely wipes me out and I'm not worth a snot! Poor guy, I fed him a fried bologna sandwich for supper tonight and he's pretty lucky he got that bahahaha!

While my husband was watching football I did manage to make a card! I used a retired CTMH stamp set called, Bundled Buddies. I bought this from a lady on one of my CTMH facebook groups. I wished it was still available it's such a cute set!! I also wanted to play some more with Emma's dies! I used the XL label and the stitched XL label dies to stamp my little scene on. I first stamped my little raccoon and then stamped it again on a scrap piece of paper. I cut it out and laid on top so I could stamp the tree background. I colored the raccoon with my copic markers. I used CTMH ink in Olive for the trees and CTMH ink in Sky for the sky. I've learned something today and wished I had been doing it all along :( I used CTMH liquid applique for my snow but this time I used my heat gun to dry it instead of letting it dry on it's on. I love how it made it puff up!! I should have been doing this all along sniff, sniff. I loved it before but now I REALLY love it hee hee. For my sentiment, I used Emma's Curly Label and Stitched curly label dies to stamp on. The sentiment was included in the Bundled Buddies set and I stamped it using Sky CTMH ink. I used a Martha Stewart punch for the branches. The bow is from the Artiste cartridge and I used a scrap piece of card stock to run behind it. I was going to emboss it but totally forgot and glued it down :( I used the Tim Holtz wood grain embossing folder for the background.


Thanks for looking and enjoy the rest of your weekend! Hugs, Leanne




13 comments:

cm said...

Once again, Leanne, a pretty project (colour combinations - wow!) and ever-so-helpful details. Amazing, really, how much 'art' can be placed on the label die; your scene is wonderful, especially your 'signature trees'! Thank you for brightening my day.

Kim's Kreations said...

Love the combo, the racoon is so adorable. Love the way you used the label dies.
ogdendoll@gmail.com

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

What a Great card. Love how you incorporated both layering dies on one card. Smooches...

Julie L. said...

Wow! Nice card and such great attention to detail! Very pretty!

Julie L.
jlearned at charter dot net

Melissa said...

OH WOW, simply beautiful!

Momof4inArlington said...

Wow! Every detail is perfection! I love all the different techniques you used. Beautiful colors, textures, images, elements, and sentiment!

Kim H said...

Leanne ~ Look at what you did with these dies!!! I just ADORE the scene you created!! That little critter is way too CUTE too! LOVE the green you used too! Oh there is nothing wrong with bologna sandwiches either better than cereal! Bahahaha!! Plus that was my Dad's FAVORITE sandwiches!!!

quilt4fun2 said...

Wow...that did really puff up a lot...love it! I like the wood embossing and how you did your scene. The trees and sky and well...everything is great. Maybe hubby can have a real meal tomorrow?
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Anonymous said...

you аre truly a gooԁ webmаster.
The site loading pace is amazіng. It sort оf feels that you're doing any unique trick. Furthermore, The contents are masterwork. you've pеrformed a wοnԁerful process in this ѕubϳect!


http://ωww.clаssfгeedom.
com/indеx.phρ?p=blogs/viewstory/505011
Feel free to surf my web site boom trucks

Anonymous said...

Heу! Quick quеstion that's entirely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My web site looks weird when browsing from my iphone 4. I'm trying to find a template
oг plugin that might be аble to rеsolve this pгoblem.

If you have any гecommendatiοns, pleаse share.

Cheers!

http://www.сelebuzz.com/user/і80еquipment/
Also visit my webpage ... used bucket trucks for sale

Cindy said...

Your card is sooo ADORABLE Leanne!That little raccoon is just too cute and great job with the background,BEAUTIFUL!!!:)

Alvina said...

Wow, awesome project, thanks for sharing.

alvinadiaz@msn.com
alvinascreations.blogspot.com

Live Love and Scrap said...

GORGEOUS...LOVE it!!!! Great little scene!!!

hugs,
Sarah
liveloveandscrap@hotmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...