Oct 4, 2012

PKS October Sneaks! Aw...Nuts!


Hello everyone! I hope everyone has had a great week so far! I can definitely tell that Fall is just right around the corner here. I can't decide if I'm happy about it or not. I love the cooler days and the trees changing colors but I can't block out the thought WINTER is right afterwards! I so do not like cold weather!! But...as my sweet Mother would say I have no control over it so enjoy each day and make the best out of it!

This week is Peachy Keen's October sneak peek week and WOW have the peeks been awesome or what!! This release is absolutely adorable and I know it's one you will want to add to your collection! It's my turn to share my peek over on the Peachy Keen Blog today! I made a card using the newest Peachy Keen stamp club set and several of the past sets too!

Before I get started with the details let me give a shout out to my bud Nikki (aka Scrappin' Navy Wife) She did a technique tutorial the other day (HERE) that inspired me! Well, let's just say everything the lady does inspires me but this day I acted on it hee hee! Her tutorial was on stamping, masking, and paper piecing and if you haven't seen it be sure too it's awesome! I really loved the idea of making a mask from a die!

Ok, so let me get started and hopefully I will make sense! This card didn't go exactly as planned!! I'll try to explain what led up to what you see! I started off using a Spellbinder Grand Nestibility die (the larger dies) called Grand Labels One for my mask. I then stamped the PK-107 Cloudy Day background inside the shape. Here's where things went a bit South for me! I got ink on the outside or under my mask so totally screwed it up! I then just cut the shape out! Before I glued it onto another piece of white card stock, I stamped the tree from PK-120 Home Tweet Home and paper pieced it. I then glued it down! I used the Fiskars grass border punch for my grass. I stamped the adorable little chipmunk and also paper pieced it. I added a little twine bow. I also added a little clear gem to the bow using my I-Rock. I paper pieced several little nuts that are included in the stamp club set (one for her to hold and the rest to arrange around my sentiment). The AW...Nuts sentiment is also included in the new stamp club set but the rest of the sentiment is from PK-105 Happy Hour. The whole sentiment reads "I'm late, I'm late...Hope your birthday was great!!" I masked off the second part and added that to the inside of my card. I added some glossy accents to my chipmunks eyes and her tooth! Last, I added some faux stitching.


Whew, I sure hope that made sense hee hee!! I had some major bumps in making the card but I still like how it came out in the end and I hope you do too! Thanks for looking and I hope you have a AWESOME day! Hugs, Leanne

16 comments:

Crafting Katie said...

Leanne, this is just too cute! I love the whole scene, and the acorns scattered below with the sentiment are the perfect touch!

snappy scrappy said...

So cute...great scene! Love that squirrel and the bow! Lee-Ann :)

Kate said...

The scene your created is so bright and beautiful. Love your card always. This one is so cute. Love the squirrel and sentiment too cute.

Kim H said...

Leanne ~ Oh this is so C.U.T.E.!!!! Well I ADORE that little chipmunk, the tree and the sentiment!! It fits PERFECTLY with you whole entire scene!!! Well I TOTALLY agree about Nikki! She does AMAZING cards just like you but I LOVE her technique she shared! I also agree about winter and you sweet Mom!! ADORBS all the way on your card!!!

Tanya/Nonna said...

Oh my gosh...this may not have gone the way you planned it, but it is simply darling! What a great little scene - love the sky and tree and that little chipmunk is beyond cute! Love this card and looking forward to getting these fun stamps!

tracym110 said...

This is so so cute!! It looks perfect to me!! Love that little squirrel! Sweet and fun card!
Tracy

Glora said...

A-DORABLE! She is just too cute. I love that you used that tree stamp too and the whole scene is just PERFECT! Love it! Hugs- Glora

quilt4fun2 said...

This is a great technique Nikki did the other day! Your card turned out great. I must try this.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Brenda said...

For a card that had a few bumps along the way, it turned out magnificent.

Jeanne said...

Oh my gosh...this is the cutest little thing ever!! I love it and can not wait to get some new peachy stamps this month!! Great job Leanne!

Naomi Edwards said...

Oh Leanne you make me laugh, and I mean this time I had tears..you are so funny.. I am happy things went south for you seeing this card is amazing!!!! I have to get those stamps!!! so I am guessing I can't get them yet where it is a sneak??? Love the title of your post and thank you for explaining how you did it, it does make sense, hehe!!
Specktacular job!!!

Cindy said...

Your card is soooo STINKIN' ADORABLE Leanne!I LOVE all the great details and that little squirrel is just too CUTE!!!Have a great day my friend!!!:)

Hanna said...

Aaaawww, this is ADORABLE! Love it so much! Simply PERFECT! You've done such a fabulous work!

hugs
Hanna

DebC said...

OH HOW I LOVE THIS CARD!!! That little squirrel is TOOO adorable!! Love the twine on the top of her little squirrel head!!
Hugs,
Deb C

Crafty Moni said...

Adorable! I love everything about your card:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

Admin said...

I love the "Aw nuts!" sentiment for a belated card. Seems like our senses of humor are similar. I'm going to enjoy reading you blog! I just found it today.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...