Oct 29, 2012

MCT Scrappy Monday!!


Good morning peeps!! I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend! I had a very uneventful weekend (which in my house is a AWESOME thing!) Today is Scrappy Monday over at My Creative Time! We were asked to pick a letter and then incorporate it into our layout!

For my layout, I chose the letter "P", pattern paper, punch, paint splatter, polaroid die (ok, I know that was 4! I went over one hee hee) Did I ever mention how HARD it is for me to photograph layouts?!?! If I hadn't let me just tell you now! I have the hardest time photographing layouts so please forgive the picture! It actually looks better in real life! I also "tried" a clean and simple layout! I'm not sure if I accomplished it and it was so hard not to keep adding things (look at all that white space ACK!!) Let me go ahead and give you a close up and then I'll give you the details on how I made it!



Sniff, sniff I love this picture of my son but it also makes me sad! I miss my "little" boy! He's 18 now and will turn 19 this February! Anyhoo, I used the polaroid die from the Just Simply Live set. I love this die and it works great for cropping your picture! The pattern paper is some I've had FOREVER and I found it in my stash! I'm pretty sure it's some that came from Hobby Lobby! I used the Martha Stewart drippy goo punch. I used it because I thought it looked like paint drippings too! I then stamped one of the background stamps from Emma's, Script Type Background set. I used CTMH's ink in the color Pear. I also have been dying to use one of my new stamp sets from Close To My Heart called, Instant Memories. The flourishes and paint splatters (that's what I'm calling them for this layout hee hee) are both from this set! I used Indian Corn Summer ink (the blue) by CTMH for the flourishes and one of the splatters. The sentiment at the bottom is from Encouraging Quotes. The word Create is from Inspiring Words. I used the alphabet in Just Simply Live to spell out Kyle's name and I plan on going back and doing the year (just got to figure that one out! arrr for not doing a better job of writing dates on pictures!!) 

That's it for my easy peasy, super simple and quick layout!! I hope you like it :) Today is the last day I have to meet my goal for CTMH and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to make it :(  That's ok, I guess I just need to work harder :) I have till around midnight tonight so if you have anything on your wish list and want to place a order I sure would appreciate it! Here is the link to my CTMH Online Website! Thanks for looking and have a AWESOME Monday!! Hugs, Leanne

14 comments:

Cindy said...

I love all the white space on this Layout! The paint splatters look so awesome!! Cute photo!! Time flies!:(
Hugs,
Cindy

snappy scrappy said...

So cute! Lee-Ann :)

CherylB said...

Leanne, this is a great page! I love the simplicity of it! I have a hard time photographing too...but yours came out very nice. I think the dark edge really makes it pop. Great job and thanks for sharing!

Crafting Katie said...

I love this layout, Leanne! The bright colors against the white leave such an impact and compliment the photo so well!!!

Kim H said...

Leanne ~ OMG!!! I LOVE, LOVE the CAS look!! You TOTALLY pulled it off!!!I think you captured the letter "P" PERFECTLY!! The drippy goo punch, pattern paper, the 1 picture and that paint splat with the polaroid die!! I so want to do this someday!!! You TOTALLY inpsired me to give this a try!! As for taking a LO picture ~ ha ~ I wish I knew the secret! Heck I wish I could take any pictures in doors! I struggle but I think you picture is "P"erfect along with this layout!! AWESOME job!!!

Joan Smith said...

What a unique LO I love your colors and how you used MD drippy goo punch what a neat idea to be drippy paint! Your son is a cutie patootie and the kiddie pics do bring back fond happy memories. Great job!!

Glora said...

This is SO cool! I love the white space and focus on the picture. You did a terrific job and I have such a hard time photographing layouts too. I"m with you. Awesome job. Hugs- Glora

DebC said...

You did an awesome job my friend but what is CAS? i must be so out of the loop!! I should do layouts but we both know that hasn't been happening. I need to get better but your right the photographing them is the hardest thing in the world. Guess I need to get a 12 x 12 printer that also scans that size! Crafting is so expensive!
Hugs,
Deb C

Cassandra said...

I just love the clean and simple look of this! The white space is so dramatic and make the images really POP!!! Well done!

Shar said...

I am in love with this page. All the beautiful white space just sets off your photo and colorful elements. This is fantastic!!!!!

Cindy said...

WOW Leanne,GREAT job with your layout!Looks AMAZING and so colorful,I LOVE it!The pic and pertect,Have a great day my friend!!!:)

quilt4fun2 said...

I must remember drippy goo for drippy paint...it looks so colorful with the stripes...perfect choice. I also like the flourish and spatters. Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Crafty Moni said...

So cute! I must try this out, i have a hard time seeing and leaving white empty space on a layout, but it looks so pretty and nice on your layout:) Thanks for sharing, I have a little blog award on my blog for you hope you get a chance to take part in it:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

liz at liz's paper loft said...

leanne I love your clean and simple layout it's very stiking! I'm happy your weekend was uneventful! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...