Oct 14, 2012

Happy Haunting!


Hi! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! I have a card I'd like to share with you today using two of the CTMH Workshops on the Go, Moonlight and Pear & Partridge. I made this card several days ago and forgot to post it :( I thought now would be a great time since I haven't posted anything in a while! 

I've been wanting to try making a "spooky" background for a while and still not sure if I captured it just right hee hee! It looks like the moon is on fire lol!! I started out by cutting a circle from the George and Basic shape cartridge to use as my mask. I then sponged around the edges with CTMH Autumn Terracotta, GoldRush, and Smokey Plum. I learned a awesome tip from my bud Nikki, I used my black pen to outline around the circle before removing it. That makes it stand out more! If you want to see a great masking tutorial click here for Nikki's tutorial! After I finished the background, I used the branch from the Pear & Partridge Workshop on the Go. I stamped it three different times and in different lengths. The little owl is from the Moonlight Workshop on the Go. I stamped it on a separate piece of paper and then hand cut it out.
The little bats are from My Creative Time, Treats For My Sweet. The sentiment is from the Moonlight Workshop on the Go.


I linked all the items I've used to make this card to my online website in case you see something you like! If you haven't seen this month's stamp of the month be sure to check it out also. It coordinates with the Artiste cartridge and will be one you will want to have for Christmas! Also, don't forget about my giveaway! Thanks for looking! Hugs, Leanne

10 comments:

Candy said...

Awesome card! That background is amazing!!
Candy

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty...love the background! Lee-Ann :)

VICTORIA said...

Your card is awesome Leanne I love the colors :)

Tanya/Nonna said...

Wow...that moon and background is hauntingly beautiful! I love your stamping - what a great card!

katieo said...

Stunning card. I love the way you highlighted the moon

Nikki the *scrappinNavyWife* said...

Well I think it's spooktacular! :)

Mrs A. said...

Brilliant card. The owl stands out perfectly. Hugs Mrs A.

Kim H said...

Leanne ~ Oh my word! I think you captured spooky, haunting and scary PERFECTLY!! I LOVE what you did witht he background and how you placed the branch and owl! I have to say nikki's tutorials are simply INCREDIBLE! I think this might be one of top 100 of your cards this year! Awesome, Awesome job!!!

Cindy said...

GREAT job with the AWESOME background Leanne!Your card look FANTASTIC and I LOVE the little owl,just perfect my friend!!!:)

DebC said...

Oh I love this!! Its a great halloween card!!
Deb C

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...