Jul 7, 2012

Sending sweet tweets your way!


Hi everyone! I hope you are having a great weekend! We are having a very lazy Saturday here at the Garner household hee hee! My hubby started his vacation yesterday when he worked off. I feel sorry for him he's been looking forward to this week off for awhile and yesterday hurt his back:( Soooo we are just taking it easy and hopefully it gets better in a few days!

I wanted to share another card I made using the new PKSC-07 July stamp club set. I love this mailbox image with the flowers! I also had fun coloring it with my copics. I've been paper piecing so much that it's been a while since I've did any coloring! I had a hard time matching any pattern paper to the image after I was finished that I just decided to slap it on some white card stock hee hee. After I did that, I just kept trying  to think of something that could spruce it up a little and then I remembered last months PKSC-06 June's release set. I love the little birdie from that set! I took the sentiment from that set also and stamped it all around my card. I added some faux stitching in between (which is just a wittle wobbily heehee) and called it quits!! This is one of those cards that turned out anything like how you visioned it in your head but the more I look at it is growing on me :)


That's it for me today!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Hugs, Leanne

10 comments:

Chriss America Real said...

This card is just darling! Hope your hubby recovers soon!

Hugs,

Chriss

snappy scrappy said...

So cute...I love all your cards. Lee-Ann :)

DebC said...

Mine would not look like this if I was coloring or piecing it! You did a super job of it all like always! Hope Winston gets better. Not a good way to spend vacation!
Hugs,
Deb

Cassandra said...

I just love this card! Love how you did the sentiments around the edges :)

liz at liz's paper loft said...

leanne this card is amazing! hope your hubby's back is better!

Cindy said...

Your card is soooo ADORABLE!Hope your hobby's back is better soon!!!

Crafting Katie said...

This is so sweet, Leanne! I love how you turned the sentiment into a border, and that little birdie is just too cute!

Kim H said...

Leanne ~ oh no I hope your hubby's back is feeling better! Show him this ADORABLE card and it TOTALLY lift his spirits! I LOVE it! I think adding white cardstock made it look FRESH and so CAS! I LOVE how you added the sentiments around the card! Your colors is the bomb too! AWESOME job as always!!!!

Dianne said...

I am a club member of PK and I loved the way you combined two sets for the little bird card. It is so cute. New to your blog. Will sign up.

Dianne Bell - Sewpro02@aol.com

quilt4fun2 said...

The white card, birdie and stitching was a perfect idea for your card. The sentiment around the whole edge was a great choice too...something a bit different than the stamped on a tag greeting...I love how it frames everything. Hope hubby is better soon and can enjoy some of his vacation time.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...