May 31, 2012

Peachy Keen Challenge - Just Cards!


Happy Friday everyone! I hope you hadn't given up on me! It's been a while since my last post! Life has gotten a little hectic around here! I sure have missed my "playing" time!! My brothers wife had a serious car accident a week ago with head injuries and was in a coma till Wednesday. She's awake now but still has a long road ahead of her :( That and many other things has got me to where I feel like I don't know which way is up!

Today starts a new challenge over at the Peachy Keen Blog! This challenge is to make a card using any theme so basically it's ANYTHING GOES!! It's going to be hard for you to tell in my photo, but I've used some Frost Sheer Shimmer Spritz by Tsukineko on my Igloo. I'm not the best at shaped cards but I have always loved the look of them and thought I would give it a try with the igloo! The igloo is from Create A Critter and I used my Gyspy to weld two of the shadows together. I cut the layer and before adhering it to the base I sprayed it with the spritz. In person it is all shimmery but I was unable to capture that in my picture! The penguins are from the ZooBalloo cartridge and for their sweet little faces I've used PK-134 Bird Faces & More. The sign is from Jolly Holidays and I've added some stickles to the snow. For the sentiment, Chill Out! I used PK-115 Let's Ketchup. All my little penguins & the sign are popped up using Helmar ZapDots.


For the inside, I used April's Peachy Keen Stamp Club for the sentiments which reads, It's time to Celebrate, Happy Birthday! Now it's your turn to get busy and show us your card! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! Thanks for looking and be sure to stop back by tomorrow for my sneak peek of the new release!! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Leanne

4 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Super sweet card...my prayers are for your family and her speedy recovery. Lee-Ann :)

Glora said...

I'm SO sorry things have been so crazy for you lately! Take care of yourself.

Your shaped card turned out AWESOME!!!!!! I'm totally in love with every detail and I definitely NEED those bird faces. They are on my new want list - LOL. Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

Cindy said...

Your card is just ADORABLE Leanne!I LOVE those sweet little penguins,I am so sorry about brothers wife.

DebC said...

I love penguins so this is super cute to me plus your stuff is always so cute! Love it!
Deb C

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...