Apr 12, 2012

My Creative Time Stamps of the Month!


Happy Thursday everyone! Wow, this week for me is just FLYING by! I haven't got as much accomplished as I had hoped! I thought for sure since I got my house work finished on Monday that I would have all sorts of time to play but nope it's not working out that way!! 

For April's Stamp of the Month, Emma has not only chose one set but two!! The stamp sets of the month are Camera Shy and My Teacher Rocks. I will be showcasing My Teacher Rocks for my project today!

I tried something new that I've not done before! I used the cartridge, A Child's Year and did some paper piecing. I cut the image out 7 times in all the different colors and patterns I wanted to use. I love to paper piece! I feel like it really relaxes me! I love this cartridge but sometimes I really wished it would have been one with layers. Don't get me wrong, I love the look of silhouette's but I also struggle creating with them too! I used Zing  white embossing powder for the sentiment on the chalkboard. The card stock I used has little specks of gray and dark brown. I believe it came from Hobby Lobby but since it was in my stash of scraps I'm not really sure. Anyway, I thought it reminded me of a concrete wall! I also used gray (it reminded me of concrete too hee hee)  I used my white jelly roll pen to add some stitching.


I also added a sentiment to the inside that reads "You are Truly Appreciated".  

I almost forgot to mention there will be a linky party! If you own either one of these sets be sure to make something with either one or both and link up at Emma's!! You can get more details on her blog! These two sets will also be on sale if you don't own them! Thanks for looking! Have a AWESOME, AWESOME day!! Hugs, Leanne

10 comments:

Kim H said...

Leanne ~ I couldn't agree with you more about the layers! But I have to say ~ cutting it out seven times was WELL worth it! Because this card is just beyond FABULOUS! I LOVE all the details and plaid is my favorite pattern ever, well okay one of them ! LOL!

Crafting Katie said...

Leanne, this is too cute! Your paper piecing is amazing!!!

Jeanne said...

I love the silhouettes too, but wish they still included the layers! Oh well, look you solved the problem and made it look so good! :)

Glora said...

Way AWESOME!!!! I'm with you I like the silhouettes but I wish their way a layering option on these. You did up the layers PERFECTLY! Beautiful job! Hugs- Glora

Houses Built of Cards said...

WOW!!! I was trying to figure out what cartridge this was! LOVE the idea of paper-piecing the silhouettes!!! Fabulous work!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Cathryn said...

This is great Leanne!!! What a lot of work you did on that boy, fabulous!!! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Marianne said...

Wish i was a teacher again to get all the cute teacher appreciation cards. will use the ideas for a different purpose. Thank you

marianne dot wanham at gmail dot com

Nancy said...

Love this card so much Leanne!! It was worth cutting it 7 times! hee hee..btw I am in love with your blog design! hugs
Nancy

DebC said...

Wowser! What a great job you did on this card! So creative my friend!
Hugs
Deb

quilt4fun2 said...

Great job...I like the white embossing.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...