Apr 25, 2012

I don't do...


Hey everyone! Sorry, I've got to make this a quick post hee hee! I'm leaving in just a little bit to spend the after noon with my parents! I'm hoping this makes you giggle because I know it did me when I was making it! I didn't have much time to play so yet again it's another super quick and easy card!! I wanted to use another cartridge I haven't played with much! I quickly scanned over my cartridge boxes and Forever Young was screaming my name! I also decided where ever the booklet opened that would be what I would cut (I like to challenge myself a little hee hee) Anyway, that's why I'm using the sunglasses hee hee! I then thought about my PK-694 The Uglies Face Assortment that I've been dying to use (thought I was going to have to wait to Halloween!) and a light bulb went off (I know scary right?!!) I could pair all of this together with My Creative Time's, You Are Perk-fect and Many Greetings set to make a "I'm Sorry" card!! I don't know about you but sometimes I can be just a little on the grumpy side!! I might even need to make several of these up to keep on hand!!

 Let me get a little more into the details of how I made it, my time is running out!! I used the sunglasses from Forever Young but they are missing a layer (my cricut decided to eat that layer <---bad cricut) so, I just went with two of the layers! I did add some stitches using a Stardust Jelly roll pen that I picked up over the weekend (LOVE this pen!!) but it's not showing up so well in my picture :( I then stamped the eyeball's using Memento tuxedo black ink. I colored the eyes with a frost blue copic marker and drew lines with a red Prisma Marker. I also gave some shading underneath the eye with a copic marker. I wanted to make them look like tired eyes hee hee! I then covered each lens with glossy accents. The pattern paper is some scraps I had from the Kate's Kitchen Imagine cartridge. The border punch is by Martha Stewart. The sentiment on the front is from My Creative Time's, You Are Perk-fect and for the inside I've used a sentiment from Many Greetings, Please Forgive Me.


Well, gotta run!! I hope my card made you giggle (or at least smile hee hee) today!! Have a wonderful day! Hugs, Leanne

10 comments:

Kim H said...

Leanne ~ Oh my where do I begin to tell you I LOVE this card! The whole concept is just PERFECT! The sentiment couldn't be any more perfect! LOVE how you did the eyes too! Your post just cracked me up and made my day! I am going to have to try this idea of picking a cartridge and just going for it! I think that it too CUTE and CLEVER! AWESOEM card!

Melissa said...

LOL, that would be me...lol, love your card!

DebC said...

LOVE this and love how you decided to just turn to a page and what you landed on your made something with it. That is a GREAT challenge we should all take. I have so many carts I haven't even used once (that is super sad) and this forces you to sometimes think outside of your comfort zone which I think we could all use that kind of challenge. Again super job and love the humor in it!
Hugs,
Deb C

Got2BCrafting said...

Great card Leanne! You know your cards ALWAYS make me smile... even giggle sometimes. :)
Lori

quilt4fun2 said...

Your card did make me giggle...what a fun idea! Great job on your project.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Cathryn said...

Hehehehehe I LOVE this!!!

Cathryn said...

Hehehehehe I LOVE this!!!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

So creative...love it!

VICTORIA said...

Leanne this is so cute!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Leanne, OMG, what a fun and funny card! I'm doing more than just giggling... lol!!! This is just a hoot!!! I might have to "lift" this one -- I absolutely love it!!!

I'm going to have to get around and back more often; I've missed so much having to care for my aunt.

Take care, my friend, I'll be back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...