Feb 23, 2012

Peachy Keen Challenge - Weather!


Happy Friday to you!! Today starts a new challenge over at Peachy Keen Blog! The challenge is to make a 3D item using the theme weather. We will be awarding Top Peach to one lucky person that uses their PK stamps  and follows the theme provided (which is weather) and a nifty badge for the two runners up to display on their blogs!! So be sure to play along and have some FUN!!

Now on to my project!! At first, I'll be totally honest when I read the challenge I went directly into PANIC mode!! I took a quick look around and spotted this picture frame I purchased from Wal-Mart last year for a buck!! It hit me then! I had a perfect picture of hubs grilling pork chops and steak over at my parents house! The picture is just a little dark and there's also a story behind that too! I have a brand spankin new Dell printer that I absolutely HATE and wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy and for some reason can't get the thing right now to print a picture and also if it did I seriously don't know if the quality would be any good. I turned to my little HP portable printer (the one that only prints 4x6 & 5x7) and went to install on my new computer and guess what??? It won't work with Windows 7 eeekkkkk!!! Well, the software won't work that you install on the computer so I had to just use it by sticking my camera card in and printing directly from the printer. Long story short I wasn't able to do any editing to the picture like I wanted to :( But it's actually darker in this picture then in real life!  I used my cricut and the cartridges Block Party, Doodlecharms (sun) and Create A Critter (cloud) to spruce up my picture frame! This frame has a magnet on the back so I'm going to put this on my frig! For the sun and the chef's face I've used PKSC-03 March kit of the month set. I really LOVE the old man's face on the chef! He just cracks me up lol!! I love how versatile these stamps are!! I forgot to mention with the chef I did have two cut him out a couple times so I could use the face. That's the only bad thing with the people from Block Party it won't let you hid their faces :( I also used some gems for his buttons and did some stitching on him and some on the grill. I added some silver brads on the wheels of the grill. Everything is popped up using Helmar ZapDots except the cloud. I matted my photo and also cut the card stock behind to fit the frame.

Well, I guess that about sums it up with the details! I sure hope you like it as much as I had fun making it!! It now proudly displays on my refrigerator and I get a grin every time I go to get something out! And I'll let you in on a little secret.....he is the King of the Grill at our house I usually burn overcook everything I try to grill!! Thanks for looking and be sure to visit the other designers blogs to see their 3D projects and we also want you to play along!! Hugs, Leanne

6 comments:

Glora said...

I LOVE this frame Leanne! Those faces are SO perfect on there. And everything about this frame is just right! I LOVE it!!! Hugs- Glora

Rosie said...

This is awesome!!

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

by Frank-LEE Speaking... said...

Very nice frame decor. I need one like this for the grill masters in my life. Great Job! Smooches... Felicia

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Lol... Well it certainly turned out cute with all the trouble u had . Hugs

DebC said...

I so love all your picture frame projects i need to make one. Love the face you used on it. Super job as always my bestie!
Luv u
Deb C

Melissa said...

Wonderful Leanne! This would make an excellent gift too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...