Jan 26, 2012

Valentine Topiary!



Hello everyone! I hope your having a wonderful Thursday! It's been raining here all day! Which in my opinion makes a great crafty day!! I seen something similiar to this on Pinterest and decided to give it a try! Click here to see where I got my inspiration from! I think I've mentioned this before but if not I'll say it again I LOVE PINTEREST!!! There is just so many neat ideas and the talent out there is just AMAZING!! 

I took a medium size styrofoam ball and hot glued mini cupcake liners all the way around to form my ball. I then added a wooden skewer to the bottom. I'm really not sure what to call the little planter thingie I used for my vase! I had picked these up many moons ago at the dollar store when I was going to plant some seeds and never got around to it! I feel so stupid right now as I'm typing this up because I just realized I have no clue what to call what I filled the inside with either!!  I know you use it in flower arrangements but I swear my mind has went BLANK!! Anyhoo, I also added a little bit of styrofoam  so the skewer could stick in and also stand up on it's on. I then tied a bow with some pink tulle. I used the heart die from Emma's 100% Sweetness and also the stamp she designed to fit perfectly onto the heart (LOVE these two!). I then used Spellbinders label 3 and cut one out of pink card stock and the other one the next size up out of kraft card stock. I used Helmar's ZapDots in between the layers. The word love is also from Emma's 100% Sweetness stamp set. Before I attached it, I cut a small strip of pink card stock and hot glued that down and then added the sentiment. Whew, I have no clue if any of this made sense! I am HORRIBLE when it comes to explaining things!! Hopefully it did but if not and you have any questions please let me know and I will try to explain better!!

Well, I guess it's time I better get up and start "thinking" about what we are going to have for supper tonight!     Thanks for looking! Hugs, Leanne

I'm entering this into the following challenge!
Whimsical Designs - Love Is In the Air

23 comments:

CREATIVE M said...

Absolutely AMAZING! FANTASTIC job!!
http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

Glora said...

This is SO cool Leanne! I love the sweet little topiary. Beautiful job! Hugs- Glora

Cassandra said...

Wow! How neat...it's so pretty....I just LOVE it. Love the cupcake wrapper idea...how creative :)

hugs
Cassandra

Stephanie said...

Very pretty! Thank you for joining us over at Whimsical Wednesdays.

Sheri said...

Oh my gosh! That is amazing Leanne!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

love this leanne!!! you're amazing!!!

Martha galvez said...

I love it! You had me laughing so hard! Thank you, I so needed this! Great project going to have to give it a try.

Brenda said...

Beautiful Leanne, just beautiful! I love how you used cupcake wrappers on your topiary ball, looks so amazing and "fluffy"!! Love everything about your project!!

Cindy said...

WOW! This is so awesome,Leanne!! I just love it...so beautiful! :)
Hugs,
Cindy

Crafting Katie said...

Wow! This is gorgeous, Leanne! I can't believe that is made out of cupcake wrappers!

Houses Built of Cards said...

So pretty!!! Love your colors!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Pam (AKA CraftyK) said...

Wow this is beautiful...love it!! Awesome job!!

Brenda said...

very nice!! love it!

Cathryn said...

Gorgeous Leanne!!! You are my crafty Godess! Love the cupcake liner idea!!! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

by Frank-LEE Speaking... said...

Wow, I love how this came out. Might have to try this. Smooches... Felicia

Danielle Lee said...

What a pretty decoration. Thanks for sharing.

shelly said...

leanne this topiary so creative and gorgeous! thanks for sharing with us at whimwednesdays :)

quilt4fun2 said...

What a wonderful decoration...great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Margie said...

Amazing job! Turned out gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Wednesdays!

Nanne said...

Oh my word, that is gorgeous!! I absolutely love it..need one of my own now :)
thnx for joining us over at Whimsical Wednesdays.
Hugs
Nanné

Momof4inArlington said...

You're so funny! This is such a sweet and whimsical decoration! I think my childrens' teachers would appreciate these for Valentine's Day. I think they can help with these. Thank you!

mum of two said...

What a wonderful project - I'm a Pinterest fan too. There are so many amazing ideas on it!
TFS :)
michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Kim H said...

I am soo in LOVE with this! It is not only BEAUTIFUL but so perfectly done! I want to try one of these!
tfs

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...