Aug 29, 2011

My Creative Time's Monday Imagination Day!

Awww Monday...don't you just love em?!?!  Ok, I've got my flame proof suit on because I'm sure some of you are spitting fire bahahhaha! Well, I probably feel about the same way about Monday as ya'll do to!! But this Monday is different for several reasons!! I'm excited because its Imagination day at Emma's (aka My Creative Time) and this week my hubby is on vacation (I may change my mind by the end of the week on the last one so don't hold me to that k?)

This week for Imagination Monday we could do whatever we wanted using ANY of Emma's stamps. My brother's birthday is the 5th so I wanted to make another birthday card. He will be turning 47 and he's a real History nut! When I think of History and my scrappy supplies I turn to the cricut cartridge Heritage and the Imagine cartridge Ancestry! I liked the old vintage car on Heritage and thought he might to so that's how I got this card started hee hee! I wanted to make a shape card (yesterday's was fun lol) so I used Birthday Bash again for the shape of the card and filled it with the pattern paper from Ancestry. For the layer,(of the base) I couldn't make up my mind which pattern I wanted, so I printed the layer twice using two different patterns from the cartridge. I then just decided to layer them so I trimmed the lighter one down so I could mat the darker one behind it. I've never messed with the RGB codes and wanted to really try it just once so for the shadow of the car I used Stampin Up's Chocolate Chip. I used a very old stamp (can't even remember where it came from) to stamp You're a Classic! on the car. But for the MAIN sentiments I used Emma's Wow! So Many Candles for the front and for the inside! I added two buttons from my stash to represent wheels.


I still haven't mastered the sizing with the Imagine (so wished I could use my Gyspy with it and it have the same features that it does with the Expression!!!) I made my car to big so I just cut off the back (still hope you can tell it's a car lol!!) I have to say I am starting to like the Imagine more! I just need to get more familiar with it and hopefully one day I can either use my Gyspy or the Cricut Craft Room and then I might just actually LOVE it!! Well, that's a wrap for me today! I hope this post even makes sense I'm typing this with the TV blaring and a radio thumping! It's always like a Zoo here and NEVER a dull moment lol! Hugs, Leanne

21 comments:

Kate said...

Beautiful Card like always Leanne! I love the card.

Hugs
kate

Brenda said...

this card is too cute! it truly looks like the sentiment on the card...a classic! love how you made the wheels!! great job!

Sherrie K. said...

Awesome card~love the shape and the cut is great!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Crafting Katie said...

What an awesome card for your brother! I love the vintage feel of it!

Lisa said...

Leanne, your card is gorgeous, as always, love the car and the shape of the card, love the buttons as wheels. Great job.

jen said...

Love your card and your brother is going to love it too!!! tfs
hugs,jen

Glora said...

Awesome card Leanne! You are a pro with your Imagine. This looks FABULOUS! Hugs- Glora

Scrapendipity said...

Wow Leanne, your card is fabulous! Great way to rock the imagine, girlfriend. :) Hope you're feeling better today. Even under the weather you crank out awesomeness! Good job! :)

Doris P. said...

LOVE IT!! I just got an Imagine and yet to learn... I keep getting the cartridges. and will have to add this cartridge to my list :) I so want the stamp sets that Emma creates!!! Doris
parkernana5@cox.net

Got2BCrafting said...

Your card looks amazing!! And I can definately tell it's a car. :)
Lori

cherylj559 said...

Great card. I am always looking for masculine card ideas!

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

Love it, love the car, love the buttons, love the paper & the shape...just love it!!!

UnikeByYes said...

This card is awesome, your projects are such an inspiration always, TFS

freetimegone said...

What a classic card. The car idea is perfect and I think I am going to have to copy this idea if you don't mind.

liz at liz's paper loft said...

so many awesome things to do with the imagine! thank you for inspiring me!

Courtney said...

Beautiful card! The button wheels are adorable :)

Kellie said...

I love your card for your brother, I'm sure he'll love it too. Your wheels are terrific!

Kellie

Kellie said...

I love your car card for your brother. I'm sure he'll really like it. I love the wheels too.

Kellie

JenE said...

Love your card! Great idea using cool buttons for the tires. Love the shape too!
JenE, jenblossom93 at gmail dot com

DebC said...

LOVE THIS!!!! I absolutely love everything that comes out of your craft room. Love the vintage feel and you are awesome as usual. Please send me some of your mojo!
Hugs,
Deb C

Cindy said...

Amazing card,Leanne!! WOW! Perfect! I love the button wheels...looks awesome!!
Hugs,
Cindy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...