Aug 3, 2011

My Creative Times Design Team Thursday

Happy Thursday everyone! I hope everyone is having a great week! It is miserably hot here in Alabama and to make things even worse my a/c is not cooling. I've got to get someone to come check it out and hopefully it will be a quick fix (keep your fingers crossed that its nothing major!) It's been so hot that I've not wanted to do ANYTHING not even get in my craft room (really hot in here!)

Today is My Creative Times Design Team Thursday and I was assigned the stamp set Happy Mail to work with! I just think this is the cutest stamp set! It's got some really great sentiments and also some adorable images that Emma handdrew! For my card, I used three different cartridges: Elegant Edges, Heritage, and Rock Princess. The background mat is from Elegant Edges, page 36. The sofa (it's called divan in the handbook) is from the Heritage, page 49. The girl (Jenn) is found on page 37 of the Rock Princess cartridge. The paper is from my paper stash (hee hee aren't you proud of me I went to my stash instead of cutting up new paper!!) I added some stitches using my white jelly roll pen for her blouse and skirt. I also added some stickles to her blouse to give her a little sparkle. For dimension, I used Helmar's black ZapDot's in behind the sofa. I also used Helmar's 450 Quick Dry as my adhesive. Here's a picture of the card from the side...


I have a bit of a surprise (well it was going to be a surprise lol) my sweet hubby bought me a camcorder over the weekend so that I can maybe start doing some videos!! I worked all day Saturday on a video (with this card) to share with you today but I haven't had any luck getting it downloaded to youtube sniff, sniff! It's still up for debate whether I'm going to take it back or not. I'd love to know what you think...would you like for me to do videos? I didn't realize how Southern I really was till I played the video back and I about died!! So, that's another thing worrying me hee hee (I really, really have a southern accent and I can't cover it up and there is NO hiding it either lol) I will still keep playing around with it and hopefully I will be able to figure it out soon and at least do one and maybe just go from there! Thanks for looking and I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Leanne

16 comments:

Kate said...

Love this card and R U kidding me I would love to hear your Southern Accent. Can't wait to watch your 1st video, my little Southern Belle.

Hugs
Kate

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

LOVE you card Leanne! Congrats on the new camcorder! Once you start making videos they get addicting! :)

Ruhtie :)

Anonymous said...

love your card! I like how you have have the diva chick sitting on the couch. Very creative

Barbara said...

Great card! Can't wait to see your first video. I too am a bit southern...don't worry about it.

jen said...

Great job on your card Leanne...super cute. My husband bought me a bloggie wich is a little video thingy...lol and I tried to make some videos and could never get them uploaded so I gave up. I wish that I would have sent it back because it just sits in my craft room not being used...AND its PINK too!!!! lol
Oh well maybe someday I will figure it out. What kind did you get? If you figure it out maybe you can help me. :)
Good luck with it...you can do it.
hugs,jen

Glora said...

Great job Leanne. The colors totally POP. She has just the right amount of bling and sitting on that adorable couch is the perfect finishing touch. Oh yes, and I'd like to order one of those darling polka dot couches for my front room please. Hugs- Glora

Crafting Katie said...

I would love to see your videos, Leanne! This card is just adorable! Great colors and combinations of cuts. That girl looks like she was meant to be on the sofa! I really hope your AC gets fixed ASAP!!!

DebC said...

Girl i was I had half the carts you must have!! This is a wonderful project as always!!! I love it and I always love seeing your awesomeness!!!
Hugs,
Deb C

Cricutbug - Marie said...

Great card! I would love to see your videos. I am a new follower. Hope you visit my blog.
Marie
Craftelicious.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Great card!! Congrats on your new camcorder! Love to see video:) TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Charlotte said...

Leanne, Oh, so super cute this is. That sofa is one of my favorites. Great idea to pair it up with the Rock Princess. And I love the colors!
Charlotte

Cindy said...

FABULOUS card,Leanne!! WOW...i just love it!!! :)
And you bet...i would LOVE to see a video from you!!! :)
Hugs,
Cindy

Lisa said...

AW Leanne, you card is adorable. That whole front is the shape ;) I would love to see a video from you and to hear that accent. I'm thinking Paula Dean? LOL

Cathryn said...

So hysterical, love that card! I would LOVE to see your videos Leanne!! Love and HUgs, Cathryn :)

Amanda said...

Love this card!! Super cute! I am a new follower!

ChatterScene.com said...

Love love love it!!!

I look forward to seeing videos too:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...