Jul 4, 2011

Late Father's Day gift!


Happy 4th of July!! I hope that everyone has had a safe and wonderful holiday. It was a little different for us this year. We didn't have a family get together so we decided to go to Bridge Street in Huntsville. We were going to stay all day and then for the fireworks tonight but we literall about died it was so hot! So, we decided to have our on little 4th here minus the fireworks lol. We grilled shrimp and made homemade ice cream that turned out sooooo good! I guess I shouldn't have said minus the fireworks because we were able to sit outside and they were being shot all around us for FREE!!! It's been a great day!

I know this is a little late, but I want to share with you my hubbies Father's Day gift! I would have already showed it but he had to order it and just got it in this weekend. It's the body for his RC car. It came clear and I had to paint it! He wanted something different that no one else would have so of course I had to use my cricut!! I used the Stand and Salute cartridge (perfect day to share since it's the 4th hee hee) I cut the camoflauge and eagle out of vinyl and used as my template. I think it turned out pretty cool and he is really proud of it! Here's another view of it....



Well, I'm fixing to call it a night! I've got a simple card made that I need to take pictures and hopefully I will have it up tomorrow! I've gotten a little bit behind and got to get busy on some projects that will be coming due soon and plus I've missed not getting to play as much as I've wanted! Just 3 more days till my eye surgery wooo hooooo!! I can't wait till that's behind me!! Welp, I'm heading to bed! Thanks for stopping by and looking! Hugs, Leanne

P.S. I just had to come back to edit and say these photos were taken outside on our driveway!! The pictures look like the car is on carpet with lots of stains hee hee so I had to clear that up lol!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Nice.. My hubby used to be into rc cars when we were still in SF. They are pretty nice. You did a great job with it.

Hugs
Kate

Glora said...

This did turn out VERY cool! Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...