Jul 11, 2011

Guest Designer for Imagine Nation Monday!!

Happy Monday! Just a little update on me and my new peepers hee hee!! I can see!!!! I can see!!!! My surgery went fine and I was knocked out all Thursday night. Friday I had to return back for a office visit to have my eyes checked. Which I was told everything is looking great! I have been having problems with my eyes getting dry and seeing up close which he told me should also improve. I'm still finding it weird not having to wake up and grab for my glasses first thing and can't tell you how many times I've reached at my face to push my glasses up (I guess out of habit lol) My husband and son both keep staring at me trying to get use to me without them!


Imagine Nation Monday


I was so excited when Emma asked me to guest design for Imagine Nation Monday! Thank you Emma this is such a honor!! This only makes my second project with the Imagine and like I've said in my last post I still have soooo much to learn!! Instead of making a card, I wanted a little change! I decided to take a white lunch sack and turn it into a gift bag! I also wanted to use my Formal Occasion cartridge and the night scene found on page 65. I thought this went perfect with Emma's stamp set Encouraging Quotes. I used the Imagine cartridge, HopScotch to fill in the image. I used Tim Holtz distress ink around the edges of the clouds along with some stickles then I popped them up with Helmars ZapDots. I decided to add a face to the moon using Peachy Keen's Critter faces. I also used more stickles for the stars. I used my white jelly roll pen to add some faux stiching. I used my crop a dile to punch two holes and added some ribbon from my stash for the bow. The three little stars stamped around the sentiment are also part of the Encouraging Quotes set and were stamped using Tim Holtz ink. I used Helmar's 450 Quick Dry to glue to the lunch sack. I apologize for the crappy pictures! For some reason I could not get a decent picture! It's really cuter in person than what the picture shows sniff, sniff!!! Here's a picture from the side...


I'm not sure but maybe clicking to enlarge them might help since the pictures turned out so small. Go figure when I get asked to Guest Design it seems everything goes wrong lol!!! Again, I want to say thanks to Emma for letting me share my simple little project with you as her guest designer! Have a great week! Hugs, Leanne

13 comments:

Kate said...

Your card is perfect Sweetie and I hope you get better soon. So Glad the surgery went well.

Hugs
Kate

Debbie C. said...

Your gift bag is adorable. Your night scene and sentiment were made for each other. This is such a great idea for using those lunch bags.

Cathryn said...

Oh Leanne I am so glad your surgery went well!!! This is such a perfect gift bag! Thanks for the inspiration you give me!
Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Micia said...

Super super cute!!
Micia

Crafting Katie said...

This is just precious, Leanne! You are making me want that Hopscotch cartridge! I'm so glad to hear you're surgery went well. My principal had it last summer, and I know she had to use eyedrops in the beginning, and it took about a week for her vision to even out, but it's been great ever since!

Glora said...

LEANNE!!! This is SO flippin' GORGEOUS! I clicked on it and could see all of those details so perfectly!!!! Amazing job. I always love your projects. I'm also so glad to hear your surgery went well! Much love and hugs- Glora

Lisa said...

Glad to hear you are doing well. Your project is adorable, love that idea.

Cindy said...

Leanne,i am so glad that your surgery went well!!! :)
Your bag is SOOO awesome!! Love the idea!!
Hugs,
Cindy

Hawks Nest Hobbies said...

Congradulations are in order for being chosen to be a guest designer for Emma. Your bag is so super adorable. I do bag covers alot and I hope you don't mind if I scraplift this one. I wish I could bring myself to purchase the Imagine but the cost of the ink refills worries me that the machine would just sit. So super glad to read your eye surgery went smooth with exellent results. Enyoy not having on those pesky glasses.

Karin said...

Super cute Leanne and so happy things went well!

Karen's Fun Blog said...

This is so cute! Had to come here to see if you were okay...haven't seen you at SS.

diana creations said...

so cute you did a great job glad your doing good

MomsBeenScrappin said...

Leanne this gift bag is so sweet - great job! I'm loving my new Imagine and looks like you are too.
Hugs, Doris :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...