Jun 17, 2011

Out of This World Mini Album!!



Hello everyone! Happy Friday to you! This week Helmar has teamed up yet again with another great company, Best Creations, Inc. It's been a fun week, full of great inspiration over at the Helmar Design Team Blog! If you haven't been for a visit you truly are missing out on some great projects by the other talented ladies! This is my first time getting to use this company's paper line and let me just say it's just so CUTE!! It just screams little boys with the robots and spaceships!!



For my album cover I used some 6 X 6 chipboard. Instead of covering with paper I used some acrylic paints, Helmar Crackle step 1 & 2 and sealed it with Helmar's Antique Acrylic Sealer. I used my cricut and the Cricut lite cartridge, B is for Boy for the rocket and the little boy in the space suit. For the little boys face I used a peachy keen stamp.  I found a box of foam pieces at Wal-mart that had robots, stars, rockets, and moons, and alphabet letters. I thought they would work well with this album! It also come with some different color sheets of foam. I used one of the pieces and ran it thru my Grand Calibur using the Grand Labels #1. It cut the foam like butter lol!!  I then used Helmar's 450 Quick Dry to glue everything down.


I just love the these papers! I love the bright, fun colors! The journaling stamp is by My Creative Time, from the stamp set, My Journaling. The nuts and bolts are a svg file from Lindsay's Stamp and Stuff, Steampunk Box and Accessories. I used my Grand Calibur along with several diffent Spellbinders dies for these two pages. To adhere everything down I used Helmar's Premium Craft Glue. I added some Helmar's Zap Dots under the nuts and bolts to add dimension. I don't know why I didn't use Helmar's Liquid Scrap Dots for this job!! I'm sooo use to grabbing the foam ones!





The little green alien is cut using my cricut and the Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge. The star is from the George and Basic Shape cartridge. I used Helmar's Zap Dots on both of these to add demension. Using Helmar Gemstone Glue, I added the little alien some cute googly eyes! I also used the Gemstone glue to attach the Dew Drops from the Robins Nest. I love Emma's, My Creative Time stamp set, Camera Shy and was able to use it on both pages!



Aren't these papers just to CUTE!!! I didn't want to do to much to these pages! I wanted to leave them really simple so you can see how cute the paper is! I just made two small mats and used some more of Helmar's Zap Dot's underneath them. I added some of the foam stars just to give the mats a little pop of color hee hee!


Here are the last two pages of my mini. I used my Grand Calibur and the Grand labels #1 die to make my photo mats. The cute little Robot, stars, and moon are from the goodie box I got at Wal-Mart! I also added some googly eyes to the Robot! I used Zap Dot's on all the pieces (oops! I also just noticed you can see some hee hee will fix that lol!) The yellow polka dot ribbon came from Wal-mart. I also forgot to mention I used The Cinch to bind my book! Absolutely have fell in love with it! I never used my Bind It All to much, because to me, it was hard and I would wound up getting really frustrated with it! The Cinch is SUPER, SUPER easy!! It does all the measuring for you!! If your on the fence about wanting one I would say go for it! I have had mine since they launched it on HSN and have had it tucked away worried that it would be hard to use like the Bind It All. Soooo glad I decided to give it a try!! Watch out Ebay here comes a Bind It All!!!

Well, that's all the details to my mini (I think lol)!! I was going to add ribbon to the o-wires but decided against it lol! I would like to say THANK YOU to Best Creations, Inc for sending me this adorable paper line (be sure to check out their website, they have some really cute paper!) and to Helmar USA for giving me this opportunity to design for them! Thanks everyone for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!! Hugs, Leanne


4 comments:

Kate said...

AMAZING Album Leanne! You did a great job. I love all the details and elements that went to it.

Hugs
Kate

Crafting Katie said...

Leanne, this mini album is so stinkin' cute! I love all of the bright colors and patterns, as well as all of your fun elements!

Glora said...

WOW, this must have taken FOREVER. It is amazing and beautiful! Great color choices and cuts!!!! Hugs- Glora

DebC said...

I love this album!! I love mini albums so much and this turned out super cute. I love the colors and every single detail about it. I have some paper similar to this but I don't have any boys around to use it for! You are awesome!
Deb C

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...