Jun 2, 2011

My Creative Time's Design Team Day!

Happy Thursday ya'll! I hope everyone is enjoying their summer! I'm loving it so far! Finally, no more freezing to death hee hee! Do you know what today is? Yup, it's My Creative Time's design team day! Yay!! Emma assigned me her stamp set, Happy Homecoming and also provided us with a sketch to use! Here is a picture of the stamp set and sketch...




For my card, I used A Child's Year for the silhouettes of the children holding the flags. I'm sorry, I keep turning to this cartridge!  It took me forever to use it and now that I see that it has so many great cuts I can't stop using it hahaha!! I used my grand calibur and the spellbinders labels #9 along with the spellbinders matching stamp set, Dash It All (for the stiched border). The ribbon is some that I found at a yard sale! The whole roll was just 25 cents!  I thought I'd add it because it reminds me of a picnic tablecloth (you know Welcome Home party...picnic..get it?) I know my mind works weird hee hee! I also tied a bow out of the ribbon and attached a button. The button is from my stash and so is the navy blue polka dot paper. The red background paper is really shiney and not sure who it's by either but I received it when I was in Paper Wishes template club. The border punch is a EK Success punch. I used the sentiment Happy Homecoming and hand cut it out and then matted it onto navy blue cardstock and hand cut that out also! I then added faux stitching (got to where I just about do this on everything hee hee) around the edges and the silouette. That completes my card!  Here is a side view...



I really hope you like it! Be sure to head over to Emma's and see what she and the other's have made! I'm sure they will have something AMAZING to show using Emma's stamps and this sketch! Thanks for looking and have a awesome day! Hugs, Leanne

21 comments:

Kate said...

It's Perfect Leanne! I love all the details that you put into it.

Hugs
kate

Cindy said...

Beautiful combo of colors and textures!I love the pretty details and Emma stamp,Super job as always!:)

Judy said...

Just so cute Leanne! I love the design.
Have a great day.
Judy

Houses Built of Cards said...

WONDERFUL card!!! Love the colors - and A Child's Year is one of my favorite cartridges too!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Crafting Katie said...

Oh Leanne, I just love this card! It's so bright and cheery and old-fashioned at the same time. Perfect!

jen said...

Leanne your imagination ROCKS! This is so nice. Colors are great too! I feel so stupid...I forgot to add the picture of my stamp set and the link to Emma's blog..I'm at work now so I can't do it. Oh well at least I have my card up :)...
You did a great job and TFS.
hugs,jen

jen said...

LOL...I went ahead and uploaded at work...lol
Hopefully I don't lose my job...lol
hugs,jen

Cathryn said...

Fabulous!!! Every time I look at it there is something new I can see. Thanks for the inspiration, I just love it! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

TropicalWon said...

I love this card Leanne!! I love the little children with the white stitch like marks on them!! I also love the red, white, and blue all together!! Not a bad deal for the ribbon. Thanks for sharing it.
Amanda

Kristin said...

Wow Leanne! I love your card, the colors and details are perfect!!

Cheryl said...

I love your patriotic card! So cute!

Glora said...

Thi sis GORGEOUS!!!! You rock my friend. Beautiful job! hugs- Glora

DebC said...

Great card! I love her stamps! You did a perfect job with the sketch. I just ordered my first set and then I won the race for the cure ones so I'm excited!!
Deb C
dsc105@live.com

Scrapendipity said...

Leanne, this is stunning! Love the bright colors and your creativity always blows me away. :)

Shar

Lisa said...

That card is beautiful, I love the images, perfection :)

samk said...

I always love Red, White, and Blue! Very cute. I too have the Child's year cart but I haven't used it yet, now I have great ideas! Thank you!!

Laurie said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Lisa R. said...

Wow awesome ! Love the sketch, paper selection great. TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

Sherrie K. said...

Your patriotic card is perfect. Turned out awesome! TFS
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Pearl Maple said...

cute card !
the combination of prints is so cute together
and my goodness that is a big swag of goodies from Helmar

Patty said...

Love the color combination of your card. I'm a sucker for anything that's red, white & blue! Beautifully done!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...