Jun 27, 2011

Helmar USA & Nikki Sivils Week!



*If you would like to see my layout better click the photo to enlarge*

Happy Monday everyone! How was your weekend? I had a great one hee hee! I have a new toy to play with!! I won a Cricut Imagine on Ebay and it arrived on Saturday! I spent the rest of the day and well into the night getting it and my gyspy all updated! I want to give thanks to Katie, at Crafting With Katie, if not for her I would still be clueless as what to do lol! She was nice enough to speak to me over the phone, which for me is sooooo much easier than emailing! Thanks again Katie!! You were so much help and such a pleasure to talk to! I can't wait to be able to get more imagine cartridges! I only have the one that came with the machine (Imagine More) and the Blossom cartridge (which I also won on ebay really cheap!) I still have TONS to learn and not sure when I will actually make something but maybe soon!

This week Helmar and Nikki Sivils have partnered together for a fun filled week full of projects and great inspiration from both companies! There will be prizes given away so be sure to visit the Helmar Design Team blog and Nikki Sivils blog each day for this special week that we have planned!

Today is my turn to share with you a layout I made using the Nikki Sivils paper line, We Are Family. A couple of weeks ago, we took a day trip and my son, Kyle got to experience flying on a airplane for the 1st time! He was a little on the nervous side lol!  My husbands employer owns their own private plane so it was a smaller plane not one of the big commerical airplanes. I have to admit those kinda scare me to because it seems you can feel ever little bump hee hee. I love this picture I took of him when we finally got him to actually look out the window! I used my HP Photosmart printer to print the picture (the one that is portable and only prints 4 x 6 & 5 X 7 pictures) It came with some built in software that has a few cool things you can do with your pictures. I chose one of the frames from the software and printed it on 5 X 7 HP photo paper and then matted it. I used Helmar's quick fix adhesive runner to attach to the paper.  For my banner, I used a template from The Crafters Workshop (this was included in my design team box I received from Helmar) and I also took the Family Border strip sheet and did some fussy cutting for the top layer. I wanted to add some dimension to the top layer so I used Helmar's liquid glue dots (love this stuff!) I attached two tiny buttons from by button stash to each end with Helmars 450 Quick Dry. For the border at the bottom, I also cut that from the Family Border strip sheet and used Helmar's ZapDot's to raise it up. The tree was cut from the Family Cut Up sheet and I also used more ZapDots to raise it up also. The journaling shape was also made using the same Crafters Workshop template. I then cut a bow from the Family Cut Up sheet and attached it right above. Whew, I believe that's all the details! I hope it all made sense hee hee! I hope everyone has a great week! I've got a pretty busy week ahead of me and not sure how much crafting time I'm going to get squeezed in! Just wanted to let you know I'm not MIA! Also, this Wednesday I have a appointment with a lasik eye surgeon to see if I qualify for lasik eye surgery!! I'm sooo excited so please say a little prayer for me that he gives me the thumbs up!! If everything goes as planned I'll have my surgery July 7th! I have dreamed about doing this for years and finally going to make it happen! I'm sooo ready! Thanks for looking and have a awesome week! Hugs, Leanne




8 comments:

Kate said...

Beautiful LO Leanne! I love all your details.

Hugs
Kate

jen said...

Beautiful job Leanne!!! Good luck on Wed...I'm sure everything will be A ok... :)
hugs,jen

Glora said...

Leanne your LO is gorgeous!!!! I love every detail. This is such a pretty paper line. Congratulations on your new Imagine and I'm so glad you got to talk to Katie! You gals are amazing! Hugs- Glora

Crafting Katie said...

You are SO welcome, Leanne! I absolutely adore your layout. Too cute! That paper you used around the frame is just perfect, and I love the colorful banner!

Debbie C. said...

Great layout. I like how you hung your banner with buttons.

DebC said...

LOVE IT!!! I love that banner it is too cute!
Deb C

Micia said...

I love your LO. I love all the details.... come on over to my blog I have a sweet award for you....

Micia
yellowbirdcreation.blogspot.com

DebC said...

leanne i just checked the status of the shipment and of course even after adding a note to ship to you once again the package is being delivered to me! When I get home I will get it off to you! Hugs. I couldn't find your email addy on my laptop!
Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...