Jun 5, 2011

Get Your Glue On With Helmar in June!!


Hello everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! I thought that warm weather would never get here and swore I would not complain when it got hot.....but I'm telling you it's HOT!! Miserable hot! The heat index here has been around 105! Makes you really want to stay in and not peek your nose out!

It's been a great week over on the Helmar Blog! Lots of great inspiration from both Helmar and Lawn Fawn stamps! If you didn't get a chance to see be sure to swing by the blog and take a look! Also, be sure to like Helmar on facebook that way you can keep up with all the fun things we have planned!! We have our very first challenge up and would love for everyone to play along! One of our talented team members, Lydell came up with this gorgeous sketch....


I haven't done any layouts in the last couple of weeks but I found this one pretty easy and really had fun creating it! I did happen to cheat just a tad bit (shhhh don't tell) I had these flowers made for some time and just as soon as I seen this sketch knew they would work out perfectly! I'm sooo bad about cutting things out, then deciding they don't work or look right on whatever I'm doing at the time! I never throw anything away and will eventually use them somewhere down the road lol! Like now with this layout! These flowers were made with my slice and the design card, noteworthy. The buttons are all from my stash. The dew drops are by The Robin's Nest (these were included in my design team box and I LOVE THEM! Thank you Robin's Nest!!) The flourish was cut with my cricut but this was another thing that I had already had cut and now can't remember which cartridge it's from (sorry). I used a Martha Stewart punch for the leaves. For my mat, I used my Grand Calibur along with the Grand standard circles and Grand scalloped circles. I then added some faux stitching. For some reason I feel like I HAVE to add faux stitching somewhere on anything I make now! It looks naked if I don't hee hee!! I used one of Emma's awesome stamp sets, Camera Shy (this set is awesome for layouts!) and stamped it on a Spellbinders Nestibility label #4. I also used a Spellbinders matching stamp set, Lacey Squares underneath Emma's stamp. Here is a picture of the Helmar products I used to make this layout..


I also used the 450 Quick Dry and totally forgot to put it in the picture arrrr. I used the acid free glue to glue down my paper and the 450 quick dry for my flowers and buttons. I used the Gemstone glue for the dew drops and the glue runner for my photo. I absolutely love my new Helmar products!!  I had to try to test as many out as I could hee hee! If you are not familiar with Helmar's adhesive, you HAVE got to try it out! It's amazing!! If you go to the Helmar Blog, there is a list on the left hand side, showing the preferred partners and where you can purchase from!

Here are a couple of close ups of my flowers....




Here is a close up of Emma's stamp which I used a white zap dot for dimension....



Well, I guess that about covers it! Now it's your turn to get your glue on and join in on the challenge!! Don't forgot to visit us at our blog and like us on facebook (you can tell them I sent you hee hee) Enjoy your weekend!! Hugs, Leanne

10 comments:

Margreet said...

this is just beautiful Leanne....great take of the layout!
xxx Margreet

DebC said...

very pretty Leanne!! Your projects are always amazing!
Deb C
bugjuiced.blogspot.com

Glora said...

WOW Leanne this is absolutely GORGEOUS. I LOVE those flowers. I find that I tend to save items that I make and decide not to use, they really are great for projects later on. You have a beautiful family. Hugs- Glora

Connie said...

awesome Leanne!!!

Scrapendipity said...

Gorgeous, Leanne!!! Another WOW project. ;)

HUGS
Shar

Kate said...

Beautiful LO Leanne. I love all those flowers.

Hugs
kate

Ruthie said...

Wow! What a beautiful layout Leanne! The flowers are gorgeous!

Ruthie :)

Cindy said...

AMAZING layout!Your project is soo beautiful with all the great details and pretty flowers,I love everything about it!!!:)

Jess-The Whimsical Butterfly said...

WOW! This is a fabulous take on the sketch and I love the autumn feel!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Hi my friend. Wow this is stunning. I love seeing you and your family. Your work is truly amazing and I am floored with all the design teams you are on. I would love to have your get up and go! Wow. The layering on this is out of this world and the embellisments rock. Hugs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...