May 22, 2011

You Are My Hero-Military card

Howdy! I hope everyone has had a good weekend! I have and just wished it wasn't coming to a end! Yesterday, my husband and I got up early and hit a few yard sales (he say's he hates yard sales but I think he loves them as much as me but won't admit it!) We then took a little road trip down to Phil Campbell and Hackleburg (where it was hit hard by the tornado's) I've been seeing pictures and videos and knew it was really bad but nothing compares to actually seeing it with your own eyes. Phil Campbell had tons of damage, don't get me wrong, but Hackleburg was completely wiped out. The whole town GONE. So, so heartbreaking to see. One of the saddest things was how people had signs where their homes used to be saying please don't steal. Which unfortunately has been happening. How could you steal from these people knowing what they have went through or going through I will NEVER understand. After we got home yesterday afternoon we decided to go fishing (which I lovveeeee to fish lol) I caught one fish probably about the size of my hand and two sticks! My husband caught 7 fish and his leg! Good thing we don't do this for a living ha ha!

Today I had some time to get in my craft room and play while my husband was gone! For my card, I decided to play around with my Stand and Salute cricut cartridge and one of Emma's newest release Happy Homecoming. I used the camoflauge on the cartridge to make my background. The eagle was also cut from that cartridge. I then used Emma's stamps to stamp Army, Navy, Marine, Air Force onto a strip of cardstock and placed along the bottom. I used the super cool border stamp and the sentiment You are my Hero to it. I used some pop dots to raise the eagle up. Here is a picture from the side...


Just a reminder and a HUGE, HUGE, HUGEEEEEEE favor tomorrow the contest starts for the craftiest mom. I really, really, REALLY am begging for your votes! I'm not a begging person but for this I will gladly get down on my hands and knees for your vote!! It shouldn't take but just a second and that one second could change my life!!! (Ok, maybe I'm being a little dramatic but I'm desperate ha ha ha) Also, if you didn't see my post earlier I now, thanks to Miss Abby, have my own blog badge and would be tickled if you wanted to add it to your blog! Have a great rest of the evening and I hope you also have a wonderful week! I have a new card scheduled for the SSCC blog tomorrow if you get a chance come back and take a peek at it to! Thanks for looking! Big hugs, Leanne

8 comments:

Darlene said...

Truly inspiring!!

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, I love your card! Fantastic job:)
Sherrie K

jen said...

Awesome job Leanne!!
hugs,jen

Kate said...

Leanne this looks absolutely Beautiful. I love everything about it.

Hugs
Kate

ownhomedog said...

Wow ~ what a work of art!

Maureen Reiss said...

Wow!!! Awesome card!!

Glora said...

Awesome awesome job. I was just looking over that cartridge this weekend too. I was thinking it would be perfect to make a memorial day card or something like that. Anyway, I LOVE what you did with this. Amazing job! Hugs- Glora

Ruthie said...

Wow! What a amazing card Leanne! I keep going back and forth on getting that cart. I think you helped me decide. :)

Ruthie :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...