May 5, 2011

My Creative Time's Design Team Day!

Hey ya'll!! Today is My Creative Time's Design team day so that means I get to share my card I made using Emma's awesome stamps! I was assigned her stamp set, My Little Firecracker.  We were also given a challenge to use the color red and to follow a sketch she provided.  Here is a look at the stamp set....



and here is a picture of the sketch




I used the cartridge A Child's Year (starting to become one of my favorite cartridges!!) for the boy riding the rocket. I also used the cartridge Calligraphy Collection for the shape (have no clue what to call it!) I hope I can explain this part right....with my Gyspy I welded these two shapes together so that just the image from A Child's Year would cut out of the center. Then I cut one more of the shape from the Calligraphy Collection for the background. I then added faux stitching around both. I embossed Emma's stamp's with Zing embossing powder. The ribbon is made from cardstock and I also added faux stitching to it. Thanks for looking and have a great day!


13 comments:

Kate said...

I love your card Leanne. It looks Great.

Kate

Glora said...

Perfect job Leanne. This is beautiful. You have a great eye for patterns and colors. Can you teach me how to do that better? I LOVE it. Hugs- Glora

Cindy said...

Hi Gigi,Your card is soo Amazing as always!I love the colours they are so bright and beautiful!Super job my friend,Have a wonderful day! :)

Cindy said...

Hi Leanne I am sooo sorry!!I made a mistake.I did't have my coffee! LOL,I love your card!You did Such a beautiful job!Have a super day!SO SORRY!

Judy said...

I love this card too Leanne. The colors are wonderful.
Have a great day.
Judy

Crafting Katie said...

What a GORGEOUS card, Leanne! The embossing, colors, and the ACY cut out - just perfect!

Cindy said...

Totaly amazing card Leanne!! Just perfect!!!

Scrapendipity said...

So pretty! Great job, Leanne!!

Hugs
Shar

My Quilling Nest said...

So super cute Leanne! Love it all the way!!!!
Hugs,
Linda

Cathryn said...

Wow, your card is stunning!!! I love the effect you got from the negative image of the little boy, fabulous job! Hugs, Cathryn :)

jen said...

Another great card Leanne. I have always loved your work. Wonderful job and thanks for sharing...
hugs,jen

quilt4fun2 said...

Such a great job on a sweet card. Were they brackets that you welded to make your background shapes?? I love it...great way to think outside the box and find something that works in not the intended way! Great card.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Kim H said...

Leanne, Your card is just STUNNING! I LOVE how bright, proud, colorful and perfect your card turned out! I have to say when you use these colors togehter who couldn't LOVE it! Great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...