Apr 6, 2011

Tiny Blessings…

 

Happy hump day!  I wanted to share a project with you that I actually made for a future blog hop! I got so excited that I thought heck, I’ll just share it now and make something else when it’s closer to time lol! I started out with a Easter theme in mind but now it’s more of a Spring theme! For the fence planter I used the Wrap It Up cricut cartridge. I got this cartridge at Christmas and I have never used it (well not that I remember anyway). It’s not very sturdy after it’s assembled so I weaved a ribbon around and that helped.  I then added some styrofoam  and some dried moss to cover.  I cut the tree from the cricut lite Bloom cartridge.  I cut the tree four times, two out of cereal boxes and two to cover front and back. I used the cuttlebug again to emboss the tree using the distress folder.  I then used Kate’s ABC for the bird looking at the egg (such a cute little image hee hee) The flowers that are stuck in the grass are from A Garden of Words but the flowers in the tree are from Kates ABC.  The little bird in the nest is a svg file from MyScrapChick.  I had to hand draw the eyes, it was to small to use my Peachy Keen stamps on :( I then cut a birds nest from Create A Critter and added more dried moss. The three flowers that are hanging are glued onto a JustRite stamp from the set Charmed and then I just tied some twine and hung them from the branches.  I really hate that I didn’t get a good picture of the JustRite stamp under the bow! It’s from the JustRite stamp set Song In My Heart. It says Its the Tiny Blessings that help us see just how lovely life can be and I also used one of the borders that came with the set. I then used my oval nestibilities to cut it out.  This was such a fun project and sooo out of my comfort zone!  I like the way it turned out I’m just not sure what I’m going to do with it hee hee  Thanks for looking and I hope you are having a wonderful day in your part of the world! Hugs! Leanne

12 comments:

Maureen Reiss said...

This is adorable!!!! What a great centerpiece for easter!! TFS

Staying Crafty said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Shelly said...

WOW! Amazing!! Thanks for Sharing!
Shelly

Karen's Fun Blog said...

Absolutely stunning!!!!

Crafting Katie said...

I can see why you couldn't wait to post this, Leanne! This is just the cutest little tree ever! The face on the bird in the nest is priceless! Love the eggs and picket fence. Fabulous!

Glora said...

ADORABLE! I can definitely see why you couldn't wait to share this beauty! I absolutely LOVE it to pieces! Hugs- Glora

1CardCreator said...

This looks so sweet!

Cheryl said...

AWESOME! I love this!


~Cheryl~


**Check out my Meljen’s Designs & Whimsy Stamps blog candy!**

Jalisa said...

I really like this!

StampingScrapping.com said...

THIS PROJECT IS GORGEOUS! OH MY I love this Leanne you are amazing

Nama Halacy's Comfy Cottage said...

So adorable! I love this!

217 Creations said...

This is too cute for words!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...