Apr 7, 2011

Throwback Thursday at Emma’s!

 

owllayout

Hoot Hoot! Hope everyone is having a great week!! It sure has been a “interesting” one  around here hee hee! Emma has asked us to make a layout this week using her stamps and let me tell you when the word layout came out I about fainted! I haven’t did a layout in probably two years!! Not that I don’t need to or want to but been sooo use to making cards that I just haven’t squeezed any scrapbooking in! I’m so glad she did because after I got over the oh my gosh feeling I actually had fun! The set I was to use this week is All Star Baby but I wounded up using IT and Polka Dot Surprise! Ok, I really, really hope everyone is not getting sick of seeing some type of bird in my projects here lately! I’ve mentioned several times I’m “kinda” obsessed with them right now hee hee  It goes way beyond just paper crafts to! I find myself sitting out on our front porch just watching these pretty little creatures! I’ve been looking thru my svg files here lately because to be honest I’m not sure just how much longer I will get to use them. I know everyone has heard the lawsuit that Provo Craft has against Craft Edge so I figured I might should use these svg’s while I still have the chance!  This set is from MyScrapChick. I just love her files they are sooo cute and fun to paper piece together! I used the script cuttlebug embossing folder for each of the owl’s tummies and the forest branches folder for the tree.  The sentiment May Your Dreams Come True is from Emma’s Polka Dot Surprise. I just thought it fit so well with the proud owl parents looking over their sweet little one! I mean we all want our children’s dreams to come true, right?!?!  I know it’s hard to tell in the first photo but I then used My Little Star Who Fell From the Sky sentiment from Emma’s All Star Baby to stamp around the edges.  I was going (and probably still will) add some twine around the photo mat but completely forgot and I already had my picture taken and being I had such a hard time getting a half way decent picture I’ll just let you imagine it’s there hee hee!  Below is a close up of the sentiment around the edges which I stamped using Memento ink. Well, that’s it for me today! I hope you like my layout and as always thank you soooo much for stopping by for a visit! I also want to give a warm welcome to my new followers! I’m almost to 700!!  Thank you all for making this so fun!  Hugs!

owllayoutcloseup

23 comments:

Glora said...

Oh my goodness!!! This is SO flippin' ADORABLE!!!! Aren't you the one that said EEK when Emma said a LO? LOL! I love the sentiment stamped all around the border of the page and the polka dot surprise sentiment ties everything in perfectly!!!! Amazing job! Hugs- Glora

Cindy said...

SOO beautiful!! I looove the owls!! So cute!!

Donna said...

Such a cute LO. I know what you mean about scrapbooking. It is rare for me to do a page. Love the owls. They look so proud. TFS
donnasdreamworks.blogspot.com

1CardCreator said...

Those owls are adorable Leanne, love the way you put it all together!

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, I love your layout! The owls are adorable. I love the embossed tummy, the big eyes and the stamped egdes. Very nice!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Karin said...

Hey Leanne, I'm so late getting around this week. Boy have you been busy! Seriously, EVERYTHING is sooooo cute! The owls are darling and the little chick from a few days ago...omgosh! So sweet. Hope you are having a good week :)

Crafting Katie said...

Your layout is adorable, Leanne! I never would have guessed that you haven't made one in two years. It's perfect!

Cathryn said...

Oh so sweet and beautiful! Perfect for a little one's picture! Thanks for sharing with us, Cathryn67 :)

Anonymous said...

Leanne, i love your layout and how you used the stamp to make a border. I do lots of layouts and am always looking for new ideas. the owls are so cute. thanks K

Cheryl said...

This is so cute! I love these owls!


~Cheryl~


**Check out my Meljen’s Designs & Whimsy Stamps blog candy!**

Micia said...

OMG!!! I have to say you are so awesome!! I love love love your work!! keep it up :)

Micia
yellowbirdcreation.blogspot.com

Kate said...

So Cute! I just love the OWLS. They are perfect. TFS

Kate

Mel said...

You should do more scrapbook pages. This family of owls is so darn cute. And just enough stamps to make it perfect.

Maureen Reiss said...

Your card is sooooo adorable!! I love these owls!! too cute!!

Karen's Fun Blog said...

This is so cute!!! Love the eyes! : )

scrapstampcrazy said...

The owls are really adorable. Nice project.

Lisa said...

OMG this layout is so adorable. I couldn't stop looking at it. I love owls, they are so cute. Great job.

Creative Cutter Room said...

This is just so super adorable! You have hit it out of the park-way to go. Love your work! TFS Cathie www.creativecutter.org

Sahily said...

It's a beautiful layout. I love it!!! I love owls too :-)

My Quilling Nest said...

Ohh Leanne this LO is Fantastic! Love those owls....
Quilly Hugs,
Linda

Judy said...

Hi Leanne,
I love this card so cute... I'm your newest follower, I would love it if you would come to my blog and follow me, I'm new to the blogging world and I'm cricutless at the moment.

Thank you
Judy

Princess Hilda said...

i loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this so cute omg is so adorable

Pamspaperpassion said...

This is one of the cutest pages I have ever seen. Now I want svg files and soon they may no longer be available. Great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...