Apr 17, 2011

SSCC Challenge – Water or Rain

PackYourBagslayout

Hello everyone! It’s my turn to share my project over on the SSCC Blog. This challenge our theme is either rain or water.   We are “hopefully” getting to go to the beach this summer so I thought I might get a jump start and do a layout!  I used the cricut cartridge Pack Your Bags. It’s such a cute cartridge! It would be great for cruise layouts and hopefully one day that’s what I’ll be using it for!  I showed this layout to my hubby to get his input (don’t know why he really could care less but he’s sweet and acts like he does lol) Anyway, he looked and said there is no whale where we will be going and I just laughed because that’s what I always tell people I look like in a bathing suit! I’m always scared when I’m at the beach someone’s going to yell OMG! There’s a washed up whale!! That’s why I added one to this layout kinda like a inside joke for me!  For the sun and the waves I did use two different cartridges for those cuts. The sun is off of the Doodlecharms cartridge and I used a Peachy Keen face stamp (forgot to mention I used a Peachy Keen face stamp for the girl also) The waves are cut from the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge and it’s not showing up but I did add some stickles.  One other think you probably can’t tell by the photo I used my I-Rock and added a gem to the flower and one to her bathing suit. For my mats I used my Grand Calibur to cut the Grand scallop square, grand square, scallop circle, and classic circle.  I drew some lines so I can use this as my journaling spot when I add my photo.  I’m hoping to get back into scrapbooking more I miss it and I’m soooo far behind that I really need to!  That’s it for me today! I hope you like it and thanks so much for stopping by! Enjoy your weekend!

18 comments:

Maureen Reiss said...

This is soooo cute! I feel like a whale in a bathing suit too, but who cares right!!! Have fun!!

Karen's Fun Blog said...

absolutely gorgeous!! : )

Ruby Rose said...

I have that paper! Linen Closet- LOVE it!! :) this is such a CUTE layout! :)

thanks for sharing!
Ruby
paper-junkie.blogspot.com

Smiley21 said...

What a cute layout! Funny story. I think we all give ourselves a hard time and should just enjoy life and live in the moment. Thanks for sharing! I'm hoping to get back into scrapbooking....my photos are piling up!

Celeste said...

oh my this layout is absolutley adorable.

Crafting Katie said...

Leanne, that is the cutest layout ever! So many fabulous cuts on there! You are too funny about the whale. Hugs!

{PaperCrafterAnonymous} said...

gorgeous

Judy said...

Really cute layout. Funny I was just using the DCWV linen pack paper yesterday myself.
Have a great day.
Judy

Fran said...

AWE! Now that is one adorable layout Leanne. I love everything about it. You captured the theme right on. Hugs, Fran

StampingScrapping.com said...

Too Stinkin CUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!
I love it

LindaC said...

Cute layout! You did a great job on the design. Linda C

http://lccorner.blogspot.com/

Karin said...

Totally cute Leanne...Makes me wish it was summer :)

Anonymous said...

Your lo is adorable! I love the papers you used and the faces add so much too. TFS!

Carol
aka cyimbugbitten

Sheri said...

How cute Leanne! BTW!...that's why I always say I can't go to the beach anymore. Every time I lay down, someone tries to roll me back into the water! LOL
Great job Leanne! :)

Glora said...

This is the CUTEST LO! I LOVE love LOVE every stinkin' detail and I think the whale is cute. It is nice to have some inside jokes to our LO's. Hugs- Glora

Crystal said...

love this girlie! just ordered an i-rock & can't wait to play with it! miss you so much girl...lost your number though & can't call you. if you'll email or message it to me i will give ya a shout this week! love you! xoxo

Billie's Scrappetique said...

Very cute, Leanne!! I'll be doing more scrap pages very soon too! :o)

Rene said...

Oh gosh this is SO cute! I love it!
Rene :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...