Apr 20, 2011

Peachy Keen Challenge Surprise!

Hey!  How is everyone? I've been playing nurse today! My hubby is sick and didn't work so you can only imagine what my day's been like lol! I'm hoping he feels better SOON!! Anyway, I still was able to have a little playing time and I just so happen to see the new Peachy Keen Challenge! This challenge is using a sketch that you can see here and they have added a twist and that would be to use metallic accents somewhere within your project. The twist was the hard part for me because I couldn't think of anything metallic I owned! But then I remembered some ink that I've had forever by Tsukineko, called Brilliance starlite silver. I turned on my Gypsy and started going thru some of my cartridges when I ran across this cute little bear sticking out of a garbage can on the Give A Hoot cartridge. It's not showing up so well but after I cut it I then inked the can up really good with the ink so it's nice and shiney! I used Peachy Keen Everyday Character Face parts and the Funshine Face Parts for his face. I also added some freckles with my Martha Stewart pen.  I then used my Grand Calibur to cut the circle and scallop circle. The sentiment is by Emma and it's from the set Polka Dot Surprise! I also used her stamp set Wow! So Many Candles in the inside of the card but yet to figure out how to get a good inside picture (any suggestions??) But anyway, the inside says...Wishing you the Best Birthday Ever! The gorgeous flower is from a challenge I won way back at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Melissa made me several of these and wow they are sooo pretty! I used a Friskars punch for the grass and the border punch is by Martha Stewart. I've had this paper in my stash for sooo long I can't remember where I even got it or who it's by (sorry) but it's also very shiney! Well, I believe that's got all the details out of the way hee hee! I sure hope that they make sense because it's pretty late and I'm really sleepy! We are suppose to have bad weather moving in tonight ugh! As sleepy as I am I just might sleep thru it! Well, I'm off to la la land! Thanks for looking and I love reading all your comments they mean so much to me! Thank you and nightie nite!! 



17 comments:

Karen's Fun Blog said...

This is sooooo cute! First thought thru my head was...hey, boo boo, where's that pic-ka-nic basket!! lol!! Absolutely adorable!!

Vivi Casale said...

aaawww Leanne.. this is totally adorable!! made me a laugh out loud!! really cute!!
love your card!!
xxx

Ellen ♥ CardMonkey said...

Such an adorable card, Leanne. For the inside, maybe it would be fun to have a garbage can tipped over, with some "garbage" (little flowers? crumpled tissue?) pouring out? Or if it's a birthday card, little boxes or torn up gift wrapping? Just suggestions, as you wished!

Hope your storms were "bearable".

Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
www.cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com

Judy said...

Oh Leanne, I hope your dear hubby gets better soon too. I can totally relate girlfriend. :)
Love the card, really cute.
Judy

Glora said...

Wow, what a sweet card! I LOVE it! I'm so glad to see you playing in a Peachy Keen Challenge, they are super fun, I love them, I hope you are hooked now :). This came out just right! Hugs- Glora

Houses Built of Cards said...

That is sooo stinkin' CUTE!!! LOVE it!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Crafting Katie said...

How cute is this, Leanne! I never got the Give A Hoot cartridge, but I just might need to start looking for it. The bar in the garbage can is so adorable!

Bug Junkie said...

That is so Adorable. Love, Love, Love it. Perfect face for your little bear. Love the colors too!

Cindy said...

Tooo cute!Your card is soo Adorable,I love the little bear!Such fun and colourful project!GREAT JOB!!:)

My Creative Time said...

This could NOT be any cuter!!!!!!!
Big Gypsy Hugs,
Emma;)

Karin said...

So cute! I have that paper, but it sure doesn't look that good on anything I make..lol!

DoBea A. said...

This is so stinkin' cute! Adorable!!

Cricut Craft Room said...

Adorable, what paper did you use with the trees on it?

Sheri said...

EVERY single thing you do is beyond amazing! Leanne, this is too, too cute!

cricutharper said...

Too stinkin' cute! Absolutely love it.

Janice W. said...

This is one adorable card! I love it! Thanks for joining the challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps! Good luck!

Viv said...

Wow this card is a real stunner Leanne!!! LOVE the bear in the dustbin. Cute or what! (Love that DP too)! Thanks for playing along with us at PK. Good luck! Viv x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...