Apr 18, 2011

MoJo Monday sketch card!


Happy Monday everyone! Did everyone have a good weekend? Mine was pretty boring but enjoyable :) I love lazy days...

I got the new MoJo Monday sketch in my inbox today and decided to play along! It's been so long since I've done one of their sketches and for some reson this one just caught my eye! I didn't follow it exactly, their sketch used a circle and I went with a oval and I didn't use a tag but I still hope it's close enough hee hee!

To start out with I cut a piece of Kraft cardstock at 4 1/4 x 11 and used my scor pal to scor at 5 1/2 leaving me with a standard A2 card measuring 4 1/4th x 5 1/2. The patterned paper is by Basic Grey (love, love, LOVE their paper!) Next, I used my new JustRite stamp set Song in My Heart. I stamped the outside border in Memento Paris Dusk and the phrase in Memento Pear Tart. I then used my Grand Calibur along with the classic oval and scallop oval Spellbinders dies and layered those together. I tried something new for my bow! It's also made from paper and was super simple to make! Hmmmm I might get brave and do a turtorial on how to make it! It would have to be a picture turtorial you wouldn't want to hear my southern accent hee hee! I did feel like it needed something in the middle so I added a flower by Stamping Scrapping and a gem brad. I normally don't decorate the insides of my card but I chose to this time since I had one small strip of the Basic Grey paper left (I never throw ANYTHING away hee hee) I haven't figured out a good way of taking inside photos yet so here is a side view!


 Well, that's it for the details on my card! I hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by my blog and I hope I've inspired you just a teenie weenie bit hee hee! Have a great week!

8 comments:

Glora said...

What a gorgeous card! I love it. That patterned paper is SO pretty! Hugs- Glora

Karen's Fun Blog said...

Gorgeous card Leanne! : )

Sherrie K. said...

Awesome card Leanne!!!

Leslie McGhee said...

Your card is just lovely. Great job, I especially love the faux stitching.The paper choice is wonderful.

Billie's Scrappetique said...

Leanne, this is GORGEOUS! I love this!

Judy said...

Great card Leanne.
Judy

ScrappySandie said...

Oooooh! Gorgeous card! Love those papers/colors and that paper bow is really nice! I would LOVE to hear your southern accent!

Rene said...

Gorgeous!
Rene :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...