Apr 29, 2011

Campin Critter Picture Frame!

Photobucket

Hello everyone! It's my turn to share with you my project for the SSCC anything goes challenge!  Sorry about the picture, I could not get the lighting right arrrr. It actually looked better not adjusting the color this time so I just left it as it was! This project is also for the Scrappy Frogs Challenge which is also a anything goes challenge! I had soooo much fun making this picture frame and I'm so excited how it came out! Emma's guest designer, Mandie, from Mandie's Scrappin' created a gorgeous frame and I just had to make one to! The frame is cut from the Happy Hauntings cartridge, minus the web layer! I remember wanting to make one around Halloween time but then after Halloween was over completely forgot!! I also used the cartridge, Campin Critters. This is the first time I've got to use this cartridge and oh my! those critters are cute!! They were really easy to layer. I added google eyes because I didn't like how the eyes looked after I got them put together. I think the google eyes made them look so much better (just in my opinion) I used Tim Holtz distress ink to ink the edges. I used Vintage Photo for around the frame and the moose and then for the sun I used mustard seed. I used two of Emma's stamp sets, Turn That Frown Upside Down and You Had Me At Chocolate and embossed with Zing embossing powder.  I also used Memento ink  Bamboo Leaves to ink the grass around the sign. Here is a side view! I popped everything up on pop dots!!

Photobucket

I'm just so stinkin proud of this! I hope you like it to! Before I go, on a more serious note....I would like to ask everyone to please keep Alabama in your prayers. We were hit really bad with a total of 168 tornado's through out the state on Wednesday. My family and I are so truly blessed that we made it through with no damage and are safe. We also have power. There are so many families tonight that are homeless, without power, and loved one's still missing. So please continue to pray it is just a very sad time for so many. Here is just one of the many pictures taken of a tornado that hit about 15 to 20 miles from me (actually this is one of the ones that went over us but never touched the ground)

Thanks for looking and don't forget to head over to Helmar USA facebook page and tell them I sent you! I'm seriously getting my butt kicked PLEASE HELP!!!

17 comments:

quilt4fun2 said...

Glad you are OK...so sad for those that lost everything. Your frame is so cute...love the google eyes.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Maureen Reiss said...

Too scary!!! I LOVE your frame!!! Too stinkin' cute!!!

Trina said...

This weather has been absolutely crazy this year! Glad you're ok... This project is seriously cute! I love the googly eyes!

Crafting Katie said...

Leanne, I'm so glad that you are okay, and my heart goes out to everybody affected by the horrible tornadoes.

As for your frame, it could not be any cuter! I just love everything about it! I need to get busy with my Campin' Critters cartridge!

Judy said...

Really cute Leanne, the frame... the other pic not so much... ugh
Enjoy your weekend..
Judy

Glora said...

Okay girl. This frame ROCKS! It is beautiful, detailed, amazing and perfect in every way.

Prayers are definitely going out for everyone. How scary & so glad you are safe.

And I visited Helmar and told them that you sent me :). Good luck. Hugs- Glora

jen said...

Leanne...I'm so excited to be on the design team with you!! I love your work. You know I already follow your blog. :)
Have a super weekend. Cuteeeeeeeeeeee card. :)
hugs,jen

Bug Junkie said...

First...glad to hear your family is alright. Sending prayers for those less fortunate.

Now...as for your frame...OMG!!!! That is the cutest thing ever! It is just Adorable and looks professionally done. Love, Love, Love it. BTW...I saw your Adorable birthday girl on HSN...Congrats! :)

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I will be remembering all of you in my prayers. I have been debating whether or not to get this cart.. I think you just pushed me over the edge.. hugs

Kim H said...

Oh LEanne! My thoughts are with you ALL! We have a DT member who is down there too! Thank goodness both of you and your families are all safe! This frame is just incredible! All your creations are! CONGRATS~CONGRATS~CONGRATS on the DT for Emma! I also did the FB thing for you! Good luck!

Smiley21 said...

Very glad you are okay! I love your project and Congratulations on getting picked for Emma's DT! Awesome!

Kate said...

Hope this weather gets better for you guys. I am so glad your okay. Prayers to all the affected. So happy to be in Emma's DT with you.

Your frame is absolutely cute. Have a great weekend. Kate

Cindy said...

SO Happy that you are OK!
I love your frame,It is way too cute!I need to get that cartridge.I am so Happy to see you are still on Emma's DT!Have a nice day! :)

Jess-The Whimsical Butterfly said...

What a cute, cute frame!!!

Ruthie said...

Oh my! What a darling frame! I have the Campin' Critters cart and have yet to use it. I need to pull it out and make something. :)

I am really excited to be a part of Emma's design team. :)

I have been praying for the people hit hard by the storms. My cousin and her family are taking refuge in TN right now. :(

Ruthie :)

Vicky said...

Hi Leanne,
your frame is soo super duper cute, Way to go and congrats on being able to stay on with Emma.

Anonymous said...

I suggest adding a "google+" button for the blog!
Hellen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...