Mar 19, 2011

Somebunny Special

Hiya! I hope your having a wonderful weekend. I've got the house all to myself today (love me some peace and quiet lol) I should be outside enjoying this beautiful weather but instead I'm in my craft room playing! I'm just got to give a shout out to my bud Nikki aka ScrappinNavyWife! I totally love everything she does! She's what inspired me for the card I'm sharing with you today. So if you have not been to her blog before you don't know what your missing! Head over there and tell her I said hello and oh yeah be prepared to be blown away! For my card I used a background stamp that I got from Hobby Lobby a long time ago and until now has never been inked that I can remember! I embossed it with Zing white embossing powder. I then used some Tim Holtz distress ink in barn door, wild honey, mustard seed, and scattered straw. I LOVE how this turned out!! I'm totally hooked! Now I just need to find more background stamps and I'll be making my own design paper hee hee I wasn't sure what to do with it when I got finished and since I haven't made any Easter cards I decided a Easter card it should be! The bunny is from the Easter 2010 cartridge. I used my Grand Calibur and the Ribbon Tag Trio to stamp my sentiment on. The sentiment of course is by MyCreativeTime from the Color Me Happy set. I just used a piece of cardstock for my ribbon since I didn't have anything that matched (I need more ribbon lol) For the eye of the bunny I used Peachy Keens baby animal faces. I wished I wasn't so slow! The day is flying by and I still have lots more I wanted to do before my crew gets home! Guess I better get off and get to it! Also, before I go just wanted to remind you I pick my winner for the blog candy tomorrow so if you haven't entered you should do so! Enjoy your weekend!

Oops! Almost forgot! StampingScrapping.com is now offering a Deal of the Day. On the weekends its called Wow Weekend and your able to get the deal for the whole weekend! This weekend the deal is on JustRite Stamps. Click here for more details!

I'm adding this into the Simply Sunday Challenge - Sugar and Spice

8 comments:

Nikki the *scrappinNavyWife* said...

a FLIPPIN dorable!!!!! I LURVVV it!!!!!! ☺ I'm working on my card for the next PK challenge

♥ Nikki ♥

StampingScrapping.com said...

If that were my bunny he would have a HUGE bit out of his ear!
GREAT CARD hun
LOVE IT

Glora said...

Leanne! This is FABULOUS. I've done this technique before but it didn't turn out as well as yours and Nikki's. I'm definitely going to have to give it another try! This card is YUMMY!!!! Oh yes, and Market Street Stamps and Pink By Design both have some GORGEOUS background stamps!!! Hugs- Glora

Snowmanlover said...

This is the most precious thing I have ever seen!!! Darling!!

Karin said...

Awesome card for Easter and springtime! Love the color and the bunny is darling!

Crafting Katie said...

I love this card! The colors are fabulous, as is your embossed background. Gorgeous, Leanne!

MiamiKel said...

Now this is adorable!! How very cute - perfect for Easter and anytime! Have a blessed SONday! x0xo

Karen's Fun Blog said...

Love your card Leanne!! The patterned paper is perfect on here! : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...