Mar 13, 2011

Happy Mother’s Day

 
HappyMothersDayBird
Hi! I hope that everyone has had a wonderful weekend!  I have a Mother’s Day card I would like to share with you. It’s for our challenge at SSCC. This challenge we are using a sketch that our very own design team member Sheri has designed. I just love sketches! They really help me when I’m in a rut! Now if I could just figure out a quicker way on choosing which papers that I want to use I would be set lol!
I’ve really been obsessed with birds lately! I hope you are not getting tired of seeing them!  I used the 50 States cartridge for this one. I love this cartridge but I do wish the layering was a little different. I cut this out three different times and did some cutting so I could get the tummy to stand out a little more. I also used my copic markers to add some shading. The bird nest is from Create a Critter and I got the eggs off of the From My Kitchen cartridge. I used my Martha Stewart punch for the branches.  I know I’ve said this before but I’ve just got to say it again I LOVE MY GRAND CALIBUR!!! It just makes using your spellbinders dies so much easier! I used the Spellbinders dies Lacy Squares, large squares, scallop circle, classic circle and labels #8 along with the matching Spellbinders stamps Lacey circles and Label Accents. Here is another picture of my card from the side.
 
HappyMothersDayBirdsideview
 
And here is a close up of my bird. You can see his eye a little better in this one and that I’ve added some white specks to the eggs with my white jelly roll pen:)
 
HappyMothersDaycloseup
Thanks for looking and also for stopping by to visit! Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Crafting Katie said...

How cute is this! I love the bird looking over the nest of eggs. So sweet!

1CardCreator said...

This is adorable Leanne.

Karin said...

That bird is incredible Leanne! Such a beautiful card :)

Micki said...

wow Leanne, absolutely stunning. I love it.....

I left you a blog award because you totally inspire me and for your support no matter what.... :-)

hugs

Karen Howard said...

This is really beautiful! Love the image and layout you used! Your cards are amazing, I'm your newest follower. Hugs, Karen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...