Feb 3, 2011

Valentines Day Sale, Place cards


Hello everyone! I'm sorry I've been a bad blogger this week! I have started the project I had mentioned in a earlier post and been tied up with that! I'll share a picture in just a sec of one of the things I've started and see what ya think! But for now I want to tell you about Lindsay's Valentine Sweet Sale she has going at her MyGrafico store! As the banner reads it starts today and ends on Sunday with everything 30% off!! So be sure to head over and stock up on all those digis and svg files you have been wanting while the sale is going on!! Also, today is Thursday and Lindsay always has a freebie for you so head to her blog and be sure to download it to!! Now on to part of what I've been working on hee hee!

I've been asked to make some place cards for a wedding rehearsal using a nature/bird theme. This is what I've come up with and I'm in the process of making 100 of these little suckers lol!! I used Spellbinders Nestibility Label 5 in two different sizes and the Matching stamp set Dash It All for the border. I cut the bird from the cricut cartridge 50 States and added a small pearl for the eye. The green branch is a Martha Stewart punch. Let me share a wonderful tip that one of my wonderful design team sisters and friend Diane shared with me today that was such a LIFESAVER!! I was punching along everything going great and all of sudden my darn punch got to where I could barely squeeze it! Well, I started in doing the only thing I knew to do...yelling at it lol!! My husband even came to see what I was so mad about and you know Mr. Know It All swore it was just me! So I handed it to him and guess what as strong as he is, it was doing the same thing with him! Ha! Anyway, I just knew it was trash bound but I got online and sent out a mercy cry and Diane shared this with me and it worked!! She had one to do this also and her son used W-D40 and it made it like a new punch! So, if you ever have a punch that gets to where you just about have to jump up and down on it to get it to punch drag out the W-D40 (which works wonders on so many things lol) just be sure to punch till the oily is gone!! Thanks Diane you saved me from having to purchase a new one!! They also want me to do the invitations and I have made several samples of what they were asking for but till we narrow it down to "the" one I'll wait to show you those! Last, I would like for you to say a special prayer for my son Kyle tonight. He has lost another friend this morning. He passed away in his sleep. So, if you could pray for his family also I would greatly appreciate it. Today has been a really hard day....Thank you! 


4 comments:

Crafting Katie said...

Leanne, that is beautiful!

1CardCreator said...

The place card looks awesome Leanne, this will be the fanciest wedding ever! Thanks for the honorable mention and link on the w-d40 trick, my son got a kick out of reading it too. Both families are in my prayers, this is such a tragedy. hugs, ~Diane

Karin said...

This is just beautiful Leanne! I love the colors and I sure am glad you got that punch working :) Have a great weekend!

Jalisa said...

This is such a beautiful place card! Just the right size size and perfect for the wedding theme. Thanks for linking up!
PatchesOfPink.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...