Jan 29, 2011

Stamping Scrapping Challenge Central - winter challenge

Hey everyone! I almost made a "oops" and forgot it was my turn to share my winter project for the StampingScrappingChallengeCentral challenge (is that a mouthful or what hee hee) Our challenge is to create anything with a winter theme. Sounds easy right? I thought so to at first then when it came to actually doing it I completely choked!! I say all this in good humor because it was actually pretty funny what all went wrong trying to make this card! It's got to be the thickest card in world history lol I couldn't count the layers if I tried! I just kept having to add things to cover up boo boo's after boo boo's. Well, I guess you can call this a dud...not happy with it at all other than I love the color blue hee hee but anyhoo let me share some of how I made it! I used the snowflake cuttlebug folder with some core'dinations paper and lightly sanded to bring the light blue color out. The scallop border is a Martha Stewart punch. The little bird and birdhouse is from Jolly Holidays. I got that for Christmas and never had a chance to use it so I at least wanted to do one cut before I had to put it away for Christmas next year lol  I used the Spellbinders Matching stamp set Dash It All for the border and the spellbinder nestibility label 9 to cut it out with. I actually hand wrote the words Winter Blues and heat embossed with Zing embossing powder. I told my hubby the reason I used that sentiment was it made me think the little birdie is saying how in the world will I ever fit my big booty in that little bity hole!! bahahahaha I also did some faux stitching! Well, I guess that's it for me tonight! It's after 1:00 and my eyeballs are starting to cross (this might be a little hint I should be in bed hee hee) So, I hope you have found some humor in this post and maybe a few good laughs! Thanks for looking! Goodnight!

*Edited to add* I didn't pay attention when I took this photo and it was late last night or I would have corrected it then but the right top side of my card looks like I didn't put enough adhesive so I have now pounded it down and it should be good to go!!

7 comments:

Margie said...

You did a great job-cute card!

Crafting Katie said...

You are so funny! It turned out to be adorable! The sentiment is perfect!

Karen's Fun Blog said...

I love this! Simply adorable!! : )

The Bug said...

Love your stitching Leanne - you will have to teach me how to do this - mine never turns out. Great project!
Hugs, Wini

McBDesigns said...

This ended up really cute -- and I can SO relate to the big booty comment... poor birdy :)

JustYolie said...

Beautiful card as always. :)

1CardCreator said...

Sweet card Leanne! ~Diane

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...