Jan 6, 2011

Guess Hoo loves you?

Hello everybody!! I was wanting to have this up last night but blogger was giving me fits!! Today is Thursday and that means it's Lindsay's Stamp Stuff Day woooo hoooo! I'm super excited to share my card today using a new set that Lindsay has just released called A Little Lovin'! It is absolutely adorable! I'm such a sucker for owls hee hee! This set offers 7 fun clip art designs and also she has included the svg file that can be used with your cricut and SCAL, which is what I used on my card! My card base measures 5.25 x 5.25. The next layer is a piece of white card stock that I have embossed with the heart cuttlebug folder. I used the Grand Calibur to emboss. I have tucked my cuttlebug away and only using this machine with my folders. I also used  Grand Dies Label 1  to cut the next two layers (this die has really had a work out lately hee hee) I found this Valentine paper stack last year at Tuesday mornings and have no clue who it's by the cover is missing from my stack! I used it for the polka dot background and the body of the owl. For my owl face, I used a prisma black marker and a white jelly roll pen for the eyes and eyelashes. I added some blush by using some red stampin up chalk. I embossed the wings with a cuttlebug folder that I got before Christmas but like I said in early posts I am horrible at remembering the names of the folders!! Provo Craft really needs to write the names on the folder to help me out!! I also used stickles on the hearts and made them sparkle. The word bubble is cut from the Create a Critter cartridge and the sentiment is computer generated. I added lots of faux stitching! I just noticed I didn't add any to my word bubble, sniff sniff. Oh well, I can always do it later or I may just leave it as is!! Now don't forget to head over to Lindsay's Blog today she will have a freebie for you and not only that her work is always amazing!! Also, don't forget to check out my other team mates blogs to see what they have created for you this week! There is a link on my side bar to their blogs and Lindsay always has a link to our blogs there to! Before I go I also want to share a sale going on at MyGrafico.com.  Lindsay has several sets that are retiring that you can grab for just $1 so you really don't want to miss this sale!! Thanks for stopping by!! Also, I'm still got some more blogs I will be visiting today that came from Feline Playful! To my new followers if I haven't gotten to your blog yet don't give up on me I'm a coming hee hee!! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!



27 comments:

Ms. Jen said...

Mornin Leanne! Thanks for stoppin by my blog! I'm at the Northern end of Tennessee, almost Kentucky border. North of Nashville in a little town called Bethpage. DAng it. I was excited about getting together for a minute! LOL This is so cute. I have a cricut and I don't use it enough. I think I'll get inspired from your cards. I moved it next to my crafting table so I'd use it more. It was in another room and that just wasn't working. I just love what you've done with these cuts. I just got Design Studio for christmas and haven't even opened it yet for fear of having to figure it out! LOL Talk soon! Jen

Cindi said...

whooo made an adorable card?? lol this is so cute. love it
:)

Mrs. Fence said...

Super cute, Leanne! Love the embossed wings and patterned paper on the owl. Hoot, Hoot!

Margie said...

This card is great!! I love the embossing on the owl!

Cheryl said...

TOO CUTE! I love this!

Margo said...

I like your card very much!
The owl is just too cute !
Greetz
Margo

Margreet said...

I came here following Feline Playful.....love your card with that fab owl....I'm thinking about the Grand Calibur too....don't know if I can wait until the end of March (my birthday)....
xxx Margreet

Jennifer said...

LOVE the balloon phrase! Nice!

Lindsay Weirich said...

that is adorable! I'm sure Winston will love it!

Karin said...

So super cute! I can't wait to make something with this set myself :) Thanks so much for your kind word and prayers over the past few days...You are a gem :)

Micki said...

Girl, this is awesome. I love it and I so need to break out my Cricuit more.... I'm intimidated I think.

Love it! hugs

Donnas Den said...

Wonderful card. Glad I found your blog through Feline Playful.

Donna x

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh I haven't heard from you in so long.. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas... I love your card, it's too adorable. hugs

Staying Crafty said...

This turned out super cute :)

Tamara Bennett said...

This is so cute Leanne! I love that owl! I can not wait to play with this set!

1CardCreator said...

Awesome card Leanne, love the dp and embossing! ~Diane

Bernadet said...

gorgeous cards Leanne!! It was such a pleasure walking through your blog!
I 'am happy found you with FP! and I become a follower

Cindy Gay said...

This is great. Like the ribbon border, the die cut background papers and the owl is fantastic! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog.

E.T said...

This is SOOO adorable!

Faye said...

Oh Leanne, this is sooooooooo tweet!! ;)
xxx

airing cupboard crafts said...

I love your blog. I have become a follower from feline playful xx

K-E Kreations said...

What a cute card! TFS.

Joanna K said...

Hello, I found you trough Feline Playful and I am now following you ;) I missed the chance to join in the fun with the linky thing on time, but if you'd like to visit my blog too, I would be delighted! ;)

Hoo would not love this card! It's so funny and gorgeous!

Happy and crafty New Year!
Hugs
Joanna x

Faye said...

Hi Hun. Thank you so much for your absolutely lovely comment on my blog. I still think this is a fabby card. xxx

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

So cute!!! TFS! -Sam :-)

Trina said...

I was here from FP the other day but can't remember if I left a comment anywhere. This card is so cute!

Ladybug said...

Leanne --- beautiful! TFS!

Seeing as you're an owl lover (like me!), if you haven't already seen this site, you have to check it out:
http://www.myowlbarn.com

I posted about their owl calendar on my blog here:-
http://ladybuglair.blogspot.com/2010/11/for-owl-lovers.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...