Nov 6, 2010

Getting a start on Christmas cards!

Happy Saturday everyone!! Today is me and my hubby's birthday!! No big plans...if you have had as many of them as we have had they get to be no big deal hee hee! He's racing today (leaving me here alone sniff,sniff) Kyle's here for now but I'm sure he will have better things to do then hang out with his dear old mom! I'm planning on (if things work out the way I want hee hee) spending all day crafting just as soon as I get this post on!! I made this card last night while my hubby was getting all his racing stuff together for today. I was inspired so much by Sheri's card on the SSCC yesterday!!  Even tho I didn't have the Tim Holtz birdcage die I knew I could find one on one of my cricut cartridges!! I'm pretty pleased with how it came out but Sheri's card  I just couldn't compete with, it was gorgeous!! I used the Bloom cricut lite cartridge for the birdcage and branch. I found the cardinal on the 50 states cartridge (can you believe this is the first time I've used that cartridge, shame on me) The little tag was cut from Tags, Bags, Boxes, and more. I used a Martha Stewart punch for the greenery inside the birdcage and then added these gorgeous, gorgeous flowers that Melissa sent me from Tuesday Morning Sketches (it was the prize I got for winning a challenge on their site) The gorgeous paper is from Lindsay's new Homemade set that she released this week. I sprayed the birdcage with gold glimmer mist and also used Tim Holtz vintage photo distress ink. I used my copics on the cardinal to try to make it more life like. The sentiment is a studio G stamp. I need to really get busy on Christmas cards! I'd love to make some for my Etsy shop (which by the way not having much luck) and to be able to send to friends and family! Well, I'm off now to play! Hopefully, I'll have something fun to share with you soon!! Thanks for looking and have a wonderful weekend!!

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Alota Rubber Stamps- Tag your it
CCEE Stampers - winter scene
Alphabet Challenge blog - B is for bird
Charisma Cardz - with love @ Christmas
Anything Goes Challenge blog - b is for...birdcage & bird
Crazy 4 Challenges - square card
Drunken Stampers - Punch me
Dutch Dare Card Challenge - clean and simple
Everybody Art Challenge - untraditional Christmas
Little Red Wagon - use the color red somewhere on your creation
A Pocket Full of Posies - flowers with a theme of winter
Polka Doodles - Christmas quick and simple
Stamp & Create.com - tis the season Christmas
Stamp with Fun - all that can fly
Stampin B's Design Team - features a animal
Top Tip Tuesday - Christmas

36 comments:

MYGRAFICO said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Design!

Tami said...

Great job thanks so much for playing at Aly's.

Ann Whitfield said...

This is gorgeous Leanne - thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

wearestampers said...

Love this card! The cardinal is gorgeous!

iReneM said...

A really beautiful card!!
Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's


x

* Shaz * said...

Gorgeous card Leanne thanks for joining us at Alphabet challenge.

Claire said...

Beautiful card, its really lovely Leanne! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck!!
Claire xx

Nikky Hall said...

Love this! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles, have my fingers crossed for you! x

Margie said...

Your card is beautiful, Leanne! Happy Birthday, Girlie!

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

Wow! This card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! You did an amazing job! TFS!!! -Sam :-)

Benzi said...

What a gorgeous Christmas card! Glad you could use the cricut and made such a wonderful card. So glad you joined the Stampin B's this week.

Michele said...

beautiful card! I love the bird cage and bird. thanks for playing the critter sketch challenge.

Marilyn said...

Very pretty card Leanne & I love the clever placement of your flowers.
Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew Challenge.

Lorie said...

Oh, this is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch Challenge blog!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Beautiful...I have all these things and hope to make one as gorgeous as yours. Thanks for the inspiration.

Karin said...

This is just gorgeous! I'm just sad that you weren't able to make it fit some challenges so that everyone could see it...LOL! Well done girlie :)

Andrea said...

Very great card and motiv! Wonderful color and design. Thanks for joining stamp with fun.
Big hug
Andrea-Emmi41

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Leanne. ~Diane

LindaS said...

Beautiful card. Love the desing.

thefrugalcrafter said...

wow, that is a lot of challenges! good for you, the card is stunning I'm sure it will make someone very happy come Christmas!

grammy deed said...

Very nice, love your creativity.

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

beautiful christmas card !! thanks for joining in our challenge.
hugs tina46
eac-team

Enfys said...

Stunning, just stunning! Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles this week xx

Deanna said...

So pretty!
Thanks for playing!
Dee - LRW DT

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous card, beautiful details.
luv
Debby

Gemma said...

a beautiful christmas card! Thanks for joining in our challenge this week at Charisma! Gemma :)

Sarah Anderson said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday - what a treat, a whole day to craft and play :) I especially love the white on kraft background for your card, but the whole piece is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man for our Christmas challenge :)

Trinh said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for entering the MG Christmas challenge & good luck to you!

Kelly Schelske said...

It's beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at DDCC!

Cassandra said...

Simply Gorgeous! I love this!! The cage and Cardinal are perfect!

CĂ©line said...

Absolutely really beautiful card! Thanks for playing along at DDCC!!

StampOwl said...

Wonderful tag, thanks for playing along with the Alota challenge.

Check out this post for a nice surprise http://alotarubberstamps.blogspot.com/2010/11/tag-youre-it-challenge-winner.html

Jenny said...

Beautiful Christmas creation! Thanks for sharing your project with us at Polka Doodles this week.

Tip Top said...

Lovely Christmas creation! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

BondGirl said...

Absolutely beautiful creation. Gorgeous Christmas card. Thanks for joining in the Polkadoodle Challenge

BondGirl said...

beautiful christmas creation. Gorgeous Christmas card. Thanks for joining in the Polkadoodle Challenge

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...