Sep 6, 2010

Let It snow, let it snow!!


Happy Labor Day!! I hope everyone has enjoyed their long holiday weekend! I know we have here and wished that it didn't go by so fast! Now it probably seems a little strange posting a snowman card in 90 degree weather but I felt we could all use some cooling off hee hee! Before I go into any details let me first start off by saying sorry for the picture. I've been having problems for a while with getting the lighting right. I've got some light strips (not sure really what they are called) that hangs over my work desk that my hubby came up with and it's got a bulb that needs to be replaced along with one that keeps blowing in my ceiling fan! So the lighting in this room is not good anyway and that sure doesn't help! It sure doesn't do this image justice! It looks so much better in real life! I fell in love with this cute snowman from Deedee's Digi's just as soon as she released him and actually I've had him colored up for a couple of weeks but just now having the time to make him into a card! I started off by coloring him with my copics and then adding some stickles to the snow on the trees, the heart on his hat, and some to the ground. I then had a brainstorm that this would be cute in a snow globe so I cut a snowglobe from Joys Of the Season cricut cartridge and placed him in there. I then added glossy accents to the whole globe to give it the glass look. I have a wooden stamp of a snowflake that I then stamped over the glossy accents. I just love this sentiment of Deedee's it just cracks me up! I remember when Kyle was little and they would be predicting snow for the next day. He would be basically chanting this up till bedtime! Here when it snows schools are out and everything shuts down! Anyway, it just brings back memories!! This stamp set is one that you really need to add to your digi collection!! It's just sooo adorable and will make great Christmas cards so why not visit Deedee's Digi's today and pick it up!! Christmas will be here before we know it!! Again, I really wished my picture was better so you could tell how well it colored up hopefully I'll be able to get it fixed soon!! Thanks for looking!

Click here to go to Deedee's Digi's!!!




Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Leanne, This is just too cute!

Jana said...

Very cute Leanne!

CanadianScraps43 said...

I think that this is drop dead gorgeous! I love how you used this snow globe. Funny because that is what I thought of first and then gave up on it due to trying to figure out how I would display it that way. Your lucky you have this cartridge. I only have 1 so far but use my SCAL program mostly. Thanks for this wonderful creation. I so love the colours used in your coloring and paper choice, but I so love how the snow globe pops due to the glossy accents. TFS Hugs.

Stephanie said...

So very cute Leanne but do you really want it to snow ....lol!! Hugs!

1CardCreator said...

Love it Leanne, it looks great! I love all the glitter from the stickles and the globe was an awesome idea! ~Diane

paperscissorsink said...

Beautiful!

Nubian Crafter said...

Beautiful job!!

Karin said...

Shut up...This is so amazing Leanne! Everything is you make is ridiculously great, I can't believe you even associate with me in blog land! Love it girl :)

Deedee Anderson said...

Wow, Leanne! What a creative way to use this digi, and you did such a stunning job of it, too! You say it looks better in better light? HOW? It's gorgeous, sweetie!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...