Sep 22, 2010

Christmas Mini Album Cover Plus A Sale!!


Hey everyone! I'm back with my second post today! I've started a mini album! I have a few pages done inside but till it's completely done I'm only going to share the cover. Lindsay has came out with two new sets this week Natures Christmas and Many Blessings! I was so excited when I seen Natures Christmas! I've been wanting to do a Christmas album and it gave me the inspiration I needed to get one started!! The cardinals are so pretty in her sets I immediately printed one up and got started coloring!! I used my prisma pencils to color this time. I haven't used them in awhile and I thought I might have better luck with them over my copics (don't ask me why wierd huh?) After I got it colored I used some Tim Holtz vintage photo distressing ink to give it a vintage feel. I've also done some heat embossing with a flourish stamp that I've had for a while. I used the gold embossing powder from stampin up. It's hard to tell in the picture but I've stamped it twice and then I added some clear dew drops (made me think of berries just not red lol) I made the poinsetta with my cricut cartridge, Joys of the season. I cut the poinsetta out in three different colors and three different sizes then added some gold stickles. I also added a little yellow flower brad for the center. I used a metal label holder and added the rub on word moment. The word beautiful up above that is also a rub on. I've tied my ribbon on but I haven't trimmed it yet. I think I'm going to do that when the album is complete.  Well, that's it! That's my album cover! I can't wait to get it all complete! I'm slow, Christmas may be already over by the time I'm thru! I love mini albums and wished I would do more of them but for some reason they stress me out!! With this one I'm just going to take my time and have fun! Before I go I also want to share Lindsay's fall sale. It's a one day sale only running midnight to midnight mst Thursday only! It's just in time to get her new stamp sets and ones that you may have had your eyes on for awhile!! Be sure to also visit Lindsay's and the rest of the design team members blogs to see what goodies they have for you this week! Their links are on my side bar! Thanks for looking and Happy Fall ya'll!!

*Edited* This sale is being extended till midnight tonight 9/24*


I'm entering this into the following challenges:

ABC Challenge Blog - distressing
Aimee's Challenge Blog - Christmas Wishes
Alota Rubber Stamps - handmade flowers
Alphabet Challenge Blog - unused stash (my metal label holder)
Aly's Sunday Challenge - sparkle and glitter
The Crafty Pad - embossing
Ellephantastic Challenge - handmade flower
Saturday Challenge - Anything goes
Simon Says Stamp and Show - show your grunge
Tuesday Morning Sketches - handmade flowers







37 comments:

Cor* said...

This is stunning. Love all the details! Great creation! Great image and coloring! Love it all.Thank you for playing with Christmas colors this fortnight at Fussy & Fancy. Good luck.

Nancy said...

How very pretty!!
Thank you for joining me & the other Design Team members for this week’s Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge! We really appreciate you joining in with us!

Stampin Mindy said...

What an amazing album! I love the glitter, so many gorgeous details.

Thanks for joining us a F&F Friday!

Hugs, Mindy

Melissa Craig said...

Absolutely gorgeous Leanne! Wow!! Your album cover is beautiful and your flower is simply divine. Great job!! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous album cover and I really love that bird. Beautiful traditional Christmas colours, a lovely piece. Tracy Evans x

Lindsay Weirich said...

wow! My jaw literlly dropped when I saw this and you did not have much time to put it together seeing as I just released this set days ago, it looks amazing, can't wait to see the pages you put inside the album!

Cindi said...

oohh..i love this!!!! what a great cover
:)

Cheryl said...

OMG! This is gorgeous! I love the primitive feel.

Terry said...

Beautiful details. Gorgeous album cover and so looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

Margie said...

This is beautiful, Leanne! Hope we get to see the rest!

Mrs. Fence said...

This is so beautiful, I don't even know where to begin! I just love the bird and the flower is a show stopper!

1CardCreator said...

Wow Leanne! This is awesome! I love the glitter and the cardinal perched is so lovely. This is going to be an awesome album for someone! ~Diane

Margaret said...

This is STUNNING (oops I see Cor said the same thing!). I absolutely love that poinsettia - and the colour scheme - and the layout - and and... Thanks for sharing!

Shannon - Desert Designs said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Leanne! I love ALL of it! Beautiful job!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

WOW!! The different elements (the bird, the poinsettia, the music notes, ribbon, etc!) all so so wonderfully together!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

made by fifi said...

love this - great cover -thanks for joining in the alphabet challenge x

Pat said...

Gorgeous mini album, lovely cover and super colours and embellies. Thanks for joining in at The Crafty Pad this week.

Pat xx

Rleen said...

This is gorgeous! I love all the details. thanks for playing at the Whoopsi Daisy challenge this month.
Hugs, Rleen

Allison said...

delightful
AllisonX

Suzi said...

What a beautiful album this is, fantastic detail and embossing. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad with your lovely creation.
Hugs
Suzi x

Tamara Bennett said...

This. Is. Gorgeous. I love it! Way to go Leanne! You've been one busy chickadee!

Tami said...

Thanks so much sharing at Aly's. Your project is wonderful.

Love crafts forever said...

This is one fantastic project, absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for playing with us at Whoopsi Daisy.
Hugs, Nataliya.

Thistleblue said...

Fantastic mini album, i love the colours and your flower is very pretty! thanks for joining us this week for the Ellephantastic challenge!
hugs
Michelle
Elle DT
x

Patricia said...

Very pretty. Thanks for joining us at The Beary Sweet Challenges, Good Luck.
~Patricia
The Beary Scrap DT

Angela said...

Wowzers, this is gorgeous! Love it! There are so many pretty things to look at, but it is not over-done...it's perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Distressed Miss said...

Beautiful simply beautiful! Stunning colours, a great image and wonderful attention to detail.
Thanks for joining us at ABC.
Hugs
Clare
x

Lilacanglia said...

this is awesome,
Thank you for joining us at Whoopsidaisy this month
Hugs
Angie
GDT Whoopsidaisy

Lilacanglia said...

absolutely love this,
Thank you for joining us at Ellephantastic this week, hope to see you again next week
Hugs
Angie
Ellephantastic DT

Ellephantastic Cards and Crafts said...

Oh how lovely this is.
Thank you for joining us this week at Ellephantastic Challenges hugs x

Helen said...

Gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Jacki Randolph said...

Absolutley Gorgeous!!! Oh this will be a beautiful album. Love your gorgeous poinsetta!!
Thanks for joining us in our Home Made flowers challenge at TMS.

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

WOW, this is STUNNING work Leanne! I just love the colors you chose,it's very eye catching and classy. The flower is awesome. Thanks so much for playing along at WHOOPSI DAISY this month:)

Micki said...

Wow girl, this is stunning. Absolutely gorgeous. Love the coloring. Awesome!

Theresa said...

What a stunning project. It's just beautiful.

Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Theresa

Jamie said...

Awesome, I absolutely love it! I love the cardinal image and the colors. Thanks for joining us in our vintage challenge at The Beary Scrap!

Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

This is really wonderful Leanne! Thanks so much for joining our Beary Sweet Vintage Challenge - good luck!

Cheers,
Susan

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...