Sep 10, 2010

Bildmalarna challenge - bookmark




Hello and happy Friday!! Yay!! The weekend is offically about to begin!! We are going out to eat for a friend's birthday tonight and actually wished it was getting closer to time to go I'm hungry!! We are going to a Mexican resturant that we have not tried yet yum!! It's also raining out and hopefully that will be gone when its time to go! Kyle is suppose to race tomorrow night but they are giving a bigger chance of rain for tomorrow so I'm thinking that it may get canceled. Shhh don't tell him but it sure wouldn't hurt my feelings if it did!! I'm always a nervous wreck when he races and the last two wrecks he had sure didn't help!!

This is actually my second attempt at trying to make this post. I'm trying something new. I've had Picasa downloaded on my computer for awhile but haven't actually ever really used it till now. I usually do all my photo editing in a program I've had on my computer for ages called MicroSoft picture It (that's how I did the photo above) but the last few times I've tried to post a picture this size it keeps making it sideways. So frustrating!! It's not the size its the way I took my picture or the way I turned my camera to get the whole bookmark. Anyway, I'm going to try going thru Picasa so if you see this picture and it's turned right it worked!! If not I have no clue what to do and need help!!

Our challenge on the Bildmalarna Blog is to make a bookmark. I've never made one before so this is my first attempt!! I didn't know what size to do so I winged it and went with a 3 x 6! I used K & Company, Life Journey's for my paper and some kraft cardstock. For my main focal point I used Mimosa with roses and cut out with my oval nestibilities. The flowers are made using the bloom lite cricut cartridge. The yarn or frilly stuff is from my stash and was given to me by a friend. I was going for a vintage feel so I've inked everything using Tim Holtz vintage photo distress ink. I love reading Christian fiction books. Anything to do with Amish, or out West is just right up my alley!! Mimo fits the bill with his overalls and his hat!! He's also got roses (what gal can refuse roses huh??)

We would love for you to come play along! There is still plenty of time to get your entry in! My post is not scheduled till the 13th and the luck I've been having trying to get this post ready it may just take me to then to get it done!! Well, I hope you liked my first attempt at a bookmark and I'm so glad you have stopped by. Have a wonderful weekend!!

I'm entering this into the following challenges:

Bunny Zoe's Crafts - vintage
Crafty Calendar Challenge - blue & flowers
Crazy 4 Challenges - create anything book related
Creatalicious Challenges - vintage
Cupcake Craft Challenge - books & stories
Everybody Art Challenge - handmade flowers
Stampin for the weekend - vintage
Tuesday Taggers - anything to do with books




Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Faye said...

Oh this is such a wonderful bookmark, I love what you've done with our books and stories theme. Thanks so much for playing at Cupcake. xx

Cheryl said...

Wonderful! I love the vintage feel.

Catherine said...

This is such an adorable bookmark Leanne ! Love the paper... Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week and good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

Zoechaos said...

Looks like you got your picture up and sorted so pleased it is such a delightful bookmark. Thank you for sharing with us at TT this week hope the meal was a hoot and wishing you a fab week-end. xx Zoe

Sally H said...

It is a lovely bookmark. Great colours and what a cute image! Thanks for joining in our book theme at TT this week!

TN Granny said...

Leanne, I would frame this its so beautiful, and the size is just right to put in a book. Amazing job you should win for sure.
hugs,
Jeanine

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

This is so darling, I've never seen anything like it before so impressive! You really should consider entering some of your pretty projects over at Papercraft Star. It's a unique challenge blog that allow participants and the public to vote on their favorites, the challenges are posted way in advance to give you plenty of time to get your projects ready and you can win prizes too! http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com

(this post corrects the web address, sorry)

Stephanie said...

This is adorable Leanne, you have done an awesome job! Hugs!

Liz, said...

Thanks for joining in the fun at Crafty calendar, Liz x

Deedee Anderson said...

That is one of the neatest bookmarks I've very seen, Leanne! I love the rich, vintage feel of it. Your coloring on the image is superb, but then it always is -- LOL!

Micki said...

omgosh, Leanne, it's absolutely gorgeous.

hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...